xisto Community
M6NEN

Is the Xisto Knowledgebase empty?

Hi.

Earlier on I tried to look for something on the Xisto Knowledgebase.

I typed in a few search terms and ever time I was greeted with the message "No Articles found".

I then decided to look through the articles of the Knowledgebase (you sometimes pick up interesting things on the way), but when clicking on the main title of Knowledgebase I got the same message.

Am I to assume the Knowledgebase is empty, or is there some maintenance going on or something?

Just curious.

Thanks.

•  
  •  
Posted Saturday at 01:49 PM

Am I to assume the Knowledgebase is empty, or is there some maintenance going on or something?

Absolutely not! Nothing has be removed from our knowledge database!

People often suggested erasing the database and restart from scratch, we always refused!

The whole database is still here, and still available.

I just tried a simple search, with a single word : "vmware". Found 431 results! Just try it!

So, if your search was not successful, this probably means that nobody posted something concerning your request.

And, by the way, no maintenance currently occurs. The database is rather huge, so during backups there is a throughput effect, but the data are always available. If the database has to be stopped, a warning appears in the shoutbox!

14 minutes ago, yordan said:

Absolutely not! Nothing has be removed from our knowledge database!

People often suggested erasing the database and restart from scratch, we always refused!

The whole database is still here, and still available.

I just tried a simple search, with a single word : "vmware". Found 431 results! Just try it!

So, if your search was not successful, this probably means that nobody posted something concerning your request.

I did try it.

See the result in attachment.

xistoKB.PNG

Hi, zorba4

Thank you for your reply.

However, there is nothing strange at all with your reply

I am not surprised you are getting lots of results, as you are not searching the Knowledgebase but, as I see from your screenshot, you are just doing a search here, ie. the Forum.

Very likely you are going to get results then. ?

You have to go to the Xisto homepage and go to "Knowledgebase", and, yes, I really typed the word inside the search box. ?

Anyway, glad to see someone answered at least.

Thanks again.

Edited by M6NEN
typo. (see edit history)

Ha-ha-ha, sorry, my mistake!

This topic was posted in the forum, maybe that's the reason of my confusion.

You are right, I searched the forum database, I didn't search the Xisto support knowledge database.

LOL, zorba.

No, but honestly, I shall attach another screenshot which might even convince you more.

Apart from the "No articles found" in the blue band, I also noticed something else on the left of the Knowledgebase page, see screenshot for that.

As you can see, there's not only the fact that no articles are found, but the left-hand menu also says that "No categories exist", so it looks as though we have an empty Knowledgebase.

Also, as I mentioned before, when I type someting into the search box, exactly the same thing happens, it comes back with no results.

And, in any Knowledgebase, aren't there normally some titles displayed underneath the search box, containing the latest articles or most read articles or whatever the criteria are?

As far as I can remember (and that is not far, believe you me ?) that is always the case in Knowledgebase pages.

Or maybe I have a special laptop, which bans me from seeing Knowledgebase pages. ?

KB.thumb.PNG.7db3f74a7a7519503122d0be1a731d90.PNG