xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Call_User_Func_Array() Error After Upgrading To Wordpress 3.6

Yesterday I updated my site to wordpress 3.6 and unfortunately I went through a lot of trouble.

As soon as I finished uploading the files to the server, my website got this strange error on top of it.

See this picture:

Posted Image

Though the website was working fine, but this error was looking very very bad on top of the page. The admin section also had a similar error:

Posted Image

So I thought I should quickly do something about it.

Not being a php and wordpress expert, I followed the error and tried to comment out line no 173 to see what happens.

Posted Image

After I commented out line 173 of plugins.php, the error was gone, but strange things started to happen. For instance, my custom menus disappeared:

Posted Image

And the admin section looked like if there is no css

Posted Image

This was strange. Wordpress updates have never been so troublesome for me. I tried to seek some help and posted on Wordpress support forums.. Unfortunately, in my post I used the same tags as i use on this forum to post images but I didn't know that on wordpress forum this is not allowed. As a result my post was marked as spam.

I made another post, this time being careful not to use anything that is not allowed.: My post. After some time, I got a reply on it. The member told me that there is nothing wrong with wordpress 3.6 and the problem must be in some of the plugins I use. So he advised me to deactivate all the plugins and see what happens.

I followed his advice and deactivated all the plugins. But the error was still there. Worse, I couldn't activate the plugins again because of strange errors after I would click the activate link.

After getting tired of all this, I decided to revert back to the 3.5.2, which was working flawlessly with my website. And when I did that, everything was working fine.

So there are a lot of questions in my mind right now like why this all happened. Is there is something wrong with wordpress 3.6? Was some file damaged during the upload?

Anyhow I really need to figure out why this happened, Maybe someone on Xisto can help me...

After I commented out line 173 of plugins.php, the error was gone, but strange things started to happen. For instance, my custom menus disappeared:

Posted Image

That means, Custom Menus may be culprit for this error try to re-upgrade your wordpress istall with this plugin disabled or install wordpress at your localhost . I am currently busy in "Raksha Bandhan" shopping (Oh! my sisters always want to empty my wallet). Hopefully will look into it on or after "Raksha Bandhan"

Edited by agyat (see edit history)

Ho-Ho, this would be coherent with what they told you on the other forum, simply they were not precise enough.

So, the trick would be : disable, upgrade, see if the error is still there, if not, enable?