xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Strange Wallpaper Issue Vmware Lubuntu

when i first used LinuxMint which was around 2010 i immediately installed it as my Primary OS after trial running it on my PC... unfortunately it has issues my current setup (Video card) hence defaulting to Kubuntu...

When I first tried to make a shift from windows to linux, I tried Ubuntu.... as it had so much praise everywhere on the internet. But unfortunately, I didn't find my way through it so I searched for other distros and linux mint was the one that catched my eye... so I chose it... Though, sadly, I have never been able to say goodbye to windows 7 as my primary OS due to Gaming and my Laziness........... oh...

although i do run Mint 14 Cinnamon on VMware

As I have mentioned previously, I tried to run Mint 14 on vmware but it was too laggy to be used... Can you share your hardware specs and vmware settings with me so that I cen get an idea of the requirements to run it smoothly...

Ahsan, It is a bug related lubuntu-artwork reported at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ bug/1090795 reported on 15 Dec, 2012 and it is still unassigned and unresolved, which stated that wallpaper set to tiled on changing screen resolution instead of stretched out.

Thanks again @agyat for helping me out.... I guess I will have to overlook this wallpaper issue for now if I am to continue using lubuntu.....

i highly recommend using Xubuntu if you are after light weight for VM

I gave a tried to xubuntu but unfortunately I didn't like the look and feel of it.... Thought it can be changed but I don't think I would stick to it.....