xisto Community
manuleka

Why There's So Much Spamming On This Forum?

I do subscribe on other online forums and i hate to admit but i have never gotten a spam response on any of them, Xisto forums unfortunately has an immense number of spams.Lately my email inbox gets piled with spam responses, as Agyat questioned on shoutbox - why so many spamming???Is there a flaw on the forum security that allows the spamming? Are these bots or actually people? I doubt they are people spamming so if these spammers are bots then how come they can do so?

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

Manuleka,

Can you please check the boards for an existing topic before creating a duplicate thread? Wutske had recently opened a recent topic for the same issue http://forums.xisto.com/topic/98806-topic/?findpost=

And sadly, there is no concrete answer I can give you since OpaQue recently disabled guest posts and made registration compulsory. Spammers are yet bypassing and until OpaQue gets time on his hand once more, we merely can do nothing but be patient.

But as you know, with yordan's massive efforts combined with my own efforts, we are trying to keep the forum clean of spam before anyone sees it. All I can suggest is that you disable email notifications / subscriptions since you are a frequent poster at the forum :)

You can always catch up with the new stuff by using the "View New content" button.

I am simply requesting that you co-operate a wee bit with us and give OpaQue a little more time to check this :)

Topic Closed.