xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

A Stable Webcam Spy Recorder

I am looking for a windows software that can record video using my laptop's built in webcam. But the important part is that I want the software to do the job in a hidden way. By "hidden", I mean that there shouldn't be any preview of the video being recorded and the software should be able to record the video even when the screen is locked. The webcam led light is fine with me and I understand that it is built-in hardware feature (on most built-in laptop cams) that the light will turn on when webcam starts working.An additional feature I would like to have in the software is the motion detection feature. That is, the software automatically starts recording video when it detects motion and then automatically stops it after a certain amount of time of no motion.I understand that to ask for so much features means that I might have to pay a reasonable amount, but that would be ok with me.So what are your suggestions??

are you after a program that runs in the shadow? hidden from user knowledge other than yourself (who of course installed the app?)

Yes exactly!

I want the software to be alert all the time so for example if someone lifts the lid of my laptop it takes a picture. Similarly if the screen is already open, the software should take a picture when someone starts using the computer.

I would also like advanced functions like taking a picture when someone types a wrong password. Or start recording video based on the motion sensing feature.. etc..

Yes exactly!
I want the software to be alert all the time so for example if someone lifts the lid of my laptop it takes a picture. Similarly if the screen is already open, the software should take a picture when someone starts using the computer.

I would also like advanced functions like taking a picture when someone types a wrong password. Or start recording video based on the motion sensing feature.. etc..

doesn't sound like a cheap software to me... but you never know, are you using Windows or Linux?

doesn't sound like a cheap software to me... but you never know, are you using Windows or Linux?

I use both windows and Linux. So software for any platform would work for me. Do you any suggestions?

Preferably, I would want them to be saved locally. But if there is an option of storing the images and videos on an online cloud storage (or something like that), it would be a good addition. But I can live without this second option without any issue.

you can do it in a quick way combining visual basic, flash and php technologies. Flash detects the motion, captures and send a few pictures to your server which records them through php... as flash would be embded into a hidden exe, you can easly program a keylogger. Serverside you can also send a warning message to your phone. Hope that helps.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
may i ask what purpose is this set up for you?

I am not a big fan of ehow articles, and the article you mentioned in your post just tells why. Most of the time they are no more than teasers, or mere fillers, with no specific useful information. They just tell you what an average computer user already knows and so in my opinion they are just a waste of time.

The purpose of my search for a spying software is that lately, I have been failing that someone is using my stuff (all of which is computer related) without my permission. So I am not only trying to stop him from doing so but I also want to know who he is. And as my laptop is almost always on and sitting at a place from where it can record most of the activity in my room. I think it can be handy for this operation.

you can do it in a quick way combining visual basic, flash and php technologies. Flash detects the motion, captures and send a few pictures to your server which records them through php... as flash would be embded into a hidden exe, you can easly program a keylogger. Serverside you can also send a warning message to your phone. Hope that helps.

Well, the problem is that I am not much of a programmer. I do know some php but I don't know any flash or visual basic. So it would be very hard for me to first learn these languages and then write the program myself. The easier and quicker way would be to find a software written by someone else and use it directly. i might have to pay for it but I am ready.

I am not a big fan of ehow articles, and the article you mentioned in your post just tells why. Most of the time they are no more than teasers, or mere fillers, with no specific useful information. They just tell you what an average computer user already knows and so in my opinion they are just a waste of time.
The purpose of my search for a spying software is that lately, I have been failing that someone is using my stuff (all of which is computer related) without my permission. So I am not only trying to stop him from doing so but I also want to know who he is. And as my laptop is almost always on and sitting at a place from where it can record most of the activity in my room. I think it can be handy for this operation.

Well, the problem is that I am not much of a programmer. I do know some php but I don't know any flash or visual basic. So it would be very hard for me to first learn these languages and then write the program myself. The easier and quicker way would be to find a software written by someone else and use it directly. i might have to pay for it but I am ready.

you must be placing your stuff in the wrong place for others to touch them... but then your case might be different from what i'm imagining... why not just lock your stuff in your room if you aren't using them?

Well, I am a lazy person even the thought of locking my room 30 times a day (and obviously unlocking it for the same number of times) gives me headache. I like my stuff ready for use all the time. I don't like to arrange them again and again... So probably I won't go for this kind of solution.

Unfortunately unfortunately, past month and half has passed on me like if I was in a prison. The medical exams are a bit too tough and requires extreme hard work.. So sometimes days would pass before I even turn my computer on.... let alone searching for something on the internet..And now when the exam is finished, I have so many things to do that it is very difficult to spare time for things that can wait.... So it would be very very easy if someone here directly pointed me to the right software.... that is ready to be used.... :lol: