xisto Community
ritu

What Is Wrong With The Electricity Boards ?

With the summer progressing to reach its zenith, a few things which direct us to attaining some relief is the air that is released mechanically by a device like the fan or the air conditioner. Trust me you can claim to have cooled down after having a glass of chilled,fresh juice or water which you can carry in case the options available are questionable, nothing can beat the effect that an electronic device can exert. The joy of coming home after being grilled by the sun outside is doubled when the cool air from any of such devices makes your senses come to life once again :P !!!!!! lol !!!!.Now the point that I want to make is the slightest amount of the mentioned joy is taken away from us as power cuts are like part of summer's bloom. Let me start with the example of Assam, it is a state in the northeastern part of India, in the month of May, the heat really gets unbearable and the electricity board officials stand useless in controlling the incidents of power cuts, I think it wouldn't be longer than two and a half hours in the entire day when we don't have power cuts. The discomfort and inconvenience encountered can be well imagined. Several complaints and applications for the consideration of the improvement of the condition lie within unnoticed and abandoned piles which ultimately serve as residences for cockroaches............. that is damn disgusting!!!!!!! -_-. Moreover, the river Brahmaputra, one of the longest rivers flows through the state, the amount of hydro electricity generated should be more than enough to support the requirements of the state, if not then while permitting the construction of lavish commercial and residential premises, why do they not hold back?Same was the condition when I had been to my maternal uncle's place in West Bengal, the term "Load Shedding" is used for power cuts of long hours, when the people are not allowed to consume electricity because of power cuts, then where does the load come from to be shed????Also Bengal does not have to depend on hydro electricity, they have got thermal projects as well and still they fail.Talking about my current city, Mumbai has made commendable progress in that regard, with the least possible incidents of power cuts, Lucky me! :rolleyes: . This is the condition in Mumbai proper, but in parts of Navi Mumbai which are newly developed, there are power cuts for as long as six to eight hours, same is the condition in the adjoining areas of the city.The electricity board whenever confronted, has little to provide as answer, but when is the condition going to change. Is this factor not to be given importance, when being a developed nation is being discussed . According to me that is undoubtedly of massive importance for electricity is a major driving force in the process of development. What do you have to say??

Now the point that I want to make is the slightest amount of the mentioned joy is taken away from us as power cuts are like part of summer's bloom

Depends from the energy politics in your country. If electrical power is coming from solar captors on your roof or on a field near your home, summer is the time where you have a lot of electrical power! And rainy days are days where you have few power.

The fact is that in Assam we receive a heavy amount of rainfall throughout the year,especially during the summer season followed by the monsoon, and as I mentioned about the river Bramhaputra, it is more than filled up and the main source of energy in Assam is hydro electricity, so there shouldn't be shortage of power supply. I agree with you when you talk about politics, there is a lot here, that is why they have been granting permission to the construction of property that requires a lot of water in the process of building them and when sold out, the requirement also multiplies. This can be avoided but the officials seem to be more interested in accumulating their shares of profit from the builders, so any necessary restrictions are not imposed, also these constructions actually overload the electricity board with huge demand for power consumption, the consequence the commoners suffer. The authorities should take adequate measures to solve this issue and probably optimum distribution of resources would help.In West Bengal also the situation can be coped up if a little more effort is made, else why is the power division maintained by the government? In Mumbai when the corporate giants have ventured into generating power, what is stopping them from extending their support to the newly developed adjoining areas of the city?