xisto Community
Rob_BCFC

Hi:I just got my first postitive reputation point, but really don't know what reputation is. I guess this may be an obvious topic for some, but what is the point of reputation? And what is it? Who can award points?And what is it used for?Thanks.Sunkist

The point of repuation is to credit you for something, whether it be good or bad. For example, if you wrote a helpful topic, and a member felt that it was really useful, he would give you a positive reputation point. Where as if you had made a stupid remark, they would give you a negative reputation point. You can think of repuation points as sort of a: "Who here is the most helpful". (Though not always). Reputation can be issued by any member. And there's not much use for repuation except for boasting your ego, and bragging about it on the forums. :lol:-whyme

hee hee...

You got to it first before I had chance to reply. I thought I saw the same question elsewhere so I was searching for it. Now that I found it, I am merging this post with the other one.

sunkist, for your eyes http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the official answer.

I am moving this post from:

General >> Hosted Members Area

to:

Have your say >> Support and FeedBack >> Questions & Queries

Apparently, reputation comes natually when you post in the forums. If you however, contribute privately, it is up to the people who know (such as admins) to give you reputation. I encourage all users to post in the forums, because it natually gives reputation, even if you don't really help!

Some ppl think that reputation is a spam and it doesnt really tells whether a guy is helpful a not. so pls make good reputation votes to make reputation worthwhile...