xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Modifying Google Custom Search: Reducing The Number Of Results To 5

I have recently modified the google custom search engine on my website. Now instead of displying results on a different page, it displays the results on the same page. I am not sure about this, but I think it uses JavaScript for this thing. It means that people having javascript disabled are not going to see the results but that's ok with me because there are only a few people who have javascript disabled.The real problem I want to talk about in this post is that I am unable to modify the search engine to make it display 5 results instead of the default 10. I am pretty sure that this needs to be done from within the javascript of the engine but I have two issues:1) I am not very good at javascript, however, I think I can still arrange some workarounds or use the information online to achieve my goals.2) I don't know how to access the javascript of the engine and then modify it and make the engine work on my custom script.Any help in solving the above two issues is appreciated.

There is an option "number of results per page" which defaults to 10, but you can change it to 5. It's in the "options" settings of the google page. It does not work for "instant search"

I am not talking about google's own search at google.com. I am talking about Google's custome search for websites. I have created a google custom search engine specifically for my website. When I was modifying the engine, there was no option of how many results do the webmaster want. And there are no settings that come with the custom search engine so that I could go to the preferences page and set the number of results to 5.I think I have to edit the javascript that runs the engine. I may be wrong.