xisto Community
ashiezai

Did You Face Problem Opening Pdf With Firefox?

I have no problems with my firefox as it is running superbly along with a few great addons from the mozilla website for addonsU can try getting the latest version of firefox and then try

firefox bogging down with pdf filesDid You Face Problem Opening Pdf With Firefox?This is definatley a firefox problem.It started a few months ago with a firefox update. Worked just fine before that.Now it's a pain because I have to switch to my explore browser to get any pdf files to open at all. 

-reply by tamberlain

You should check whether Adobe Reader is the default viewer. As is known, Adobe ReaderIs designed to view, create, manipulate and manage files in PDF.However, the default application for viewing PDF files on the MAC OS XOperating system is Preview.

What you need to do is set Adobe Reader as your computer's default PDF viewerIn the Firefox browser. Firefox uses Preview as its default applicationFor opening up PDF files, but some older PDF files may not open inPreview. Adobe Reader should open up these PDF files for MAC OS XUsers.

big pdf files/Did You Face Problem Opening Pdf With Firefox?

hey is there any way to make my pdf files  get viewed and downloaded at the same time  from my browser. In big files for example 10mb I must  wait  for the entire pdf book  to get downloaded in my browser

-reply by alex

my 2 centsDid You Face Problem Opening Pdf With Firefox?

I'm on OSX 10.5.8 running Firefox 3.5.7 and a solution would be to go to Firefox/Preferences/Applications and in the Content Type column scroll down to"Portable Documnet Format..." and then in the Action column click the presented option, then choose another option like "Always ask" or "Save File" or "Choose a program". That should solve your issue.

-reply by JimB

PDF and FirefoxDid You Face Problem Opening Pdf With Firefox?

I have Firefox and download and read PDF's all the time. What happens is you First have to have Acrobat Reader installed on your system. Then, what happens is when you click to open a PDF file while in Firefox, Firefox will itself Download the PDF file and then automatically Open it in Acrobat. In Firefox you can designate where you want all of your downloads to be sent to. And Yes, if it is a Huge PDF file it might take some time to open. But I open them all the time with no problem. And this being done on a system with Windows 2000 Pro, Acrobat 7 and Firefox 2.2 flawlessly

-reply by ComputermanEd