xisto Community
manuleka

Setting Astahost Page Left Navigation Bar Collapse By Default

i notice that every time i open up Xisto on my browsers (Chromium and Opera) the left Navigation bar is expanded... so i always have to collapse it... is there a way of setting the collapse as default? cheers

I believe it's a cookie and I don't think it's persistent. I find it quite annoying too, as I don't need anything on the sidebar. Maybe the entire site should adopt an entire different navigation system? :unsure:

The thing is, if you make it so that it's collapsed from the beginning, new users might have a really hard time finding it.My opinion is that they save the value in a database for each account. That way, it won't reset each time you reset your browser if you automatically remove your cookies, (:Off-Topic: I didn't even know there was a side-bar, DxHow can it be so disturbing? .w. It's so small, D:

I personally usually leave it expanded, as I am using a quite wide screen and when it's collapsed, the forum seems to be very big and it's quite hard to read for me as you need to move the head :unsure:That's the reason I leave it expanded, as the forum gets a bit smaller and it's easier to read the text, the posts are more to the right to read and I can read the posts without moving my head ;)With smaller resolutions and smaller screens, I think it would be better to collapse it, but not by default, but by user setting, to store it in a DB. ;)