xisto Community
Feelay

Revive Astahost?

Hey folks!How about we put our great minds together, and figure out some ways to make this forum alive again?I know it's possible! I once loved these forums, and every time I get back here after being away for some time, I realize how empty it is here!So, let's brainstorm until we figure out some ways to get more people to join this forum and become more active, and then let's force the administrators and moderators to fulfill our plan, 8DI know we can do it!Regards,/Feelay

i agree... it's like Xisto is provide a great service but members activeness is quite low... it takes a while to get a response to a post and there's also quite a few spams/spammers lurking around the forum which is quite annoying. :unsure:

Hey folks!
How about we put our great minds together, and figure out some ways to make this forum alive again?
I know it's possible! I once loved these forums, and every time I get back here after being away for some time, I realize how empty it is here!

So, let's brainstorm until we figure out some ways to get more people to join this forum and become more active, and then let's force the administrators and moderators to fulfill our plan, 8D

I know we can do it!

Regards,
/Feelay

Marvelous idea feelay, I completely agree with you that this place requires a major restoration.. Xisto has always been the forum for brains with a few exceptions(like me :unsure:) run by the brains like microscopic earthling and managed by awesome members like xbox & yordan... Now that the brains have gotten busy, it is difficult for mediocre brains like me to reply to existing topics and open new topics.

A technique I used to implement while teaching small children was based on the penalty system. It is basically a simple system where the group of people is fixed and moves in rotation. So let's say 5 people decide to register for this week's topic. Member 1 is to open the topic for the week, 2,3,4,5 have to respond either on day 2 or according to their "roll number".. 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3 and so on.. But if you fail to reply by your roll number day, you get a penalty and will have to open a topic. And like I said, it moves in a circle.. So obviously Member 2 would open a fresh topic the next week.

And no spamming to complete your turn ;) Any topic and no limit of replies. I am pretty sure I would get plenty of penalties if starscream enters the group ;)

What do you guys think?

lol @velma. :unsure: I don't know if there is any other way better than posting. If others here post new good topics or comment on existing ones. Then surely forums will be active again. Other than that i have no ideas for making forums active.

Velma, sounds like a plan! :unsure:Starscream, well yeah, but what I meant was... What are we supposed to post about? xDTo make this forum alive I mean, (:Posts need to have life in them!

Velma, sounds like a plan! :P
Starscream, well yeah, but what I meant was... What are we supposed to post about? xD
To make this forum alive I mean, (:

Posts need to have life in them!

probably put more excitement icons on posts? :P:unsure::P;) hehe just kidding, but yes it's important that we be more realistic and up to date with our topics (if we aren't requesting help on issues) and bring out lots of new gadget topics - which to a lot of us (i think) is quite exciting ;)

and also be open with whatever you read on or come across and share... you never know how many would be excited to read through your shares hehe
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)