xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zenia

Cheap Computer Components Shops and webshops to buy computer parts

The purchase of computer components

Computer shops in the same town where the builder lives have the advantage that the builder doesn't need to pay shipping costs.

Some parts are more cheap in online shops. And other parts are cheaper in window shops. The cheapest are most of the time special offers with discounts. So it is helpful to look for information about special prices offered by computer shops nearby. Descriptions to news letters of online shops helps to get information about special offers of online shops.

most of the time i find cheapest option (for me) if i'm upgrading or looking to build a machine is our local online trading sites... i'm from New Zealand and we have our own ebay-like site -> trademe.co.nz and it's the most popular and most visited local site here... one can score cheap components from itbut im always against second hand parts/trades if i'm building for a client or for someone else... mainly because of warranty issues when it a fault comes inso for personal use i would take on the low bargain of a second hand item

After doing crazy amounts of research, you're going to be going between Ebay, and Newegg. I would generally weigh each part between the two of them, giving newegg the benefit of a very nice return policy, and easy RMA.Ebay will give you lower prices many times, but also weigh out the cost of shipping (many of my parts were free shipping from both though). You could also get a barbones premade from either of those, although I wouldn't recommend it, due to quality assembly. I've never tested either. And most probably don't use "arctic silver" the thermal compound that is oh so great at keeping your cpu nice and cool, etc. Just shop around, betweenthose, and you'll have your parts in no time. Use tomshardware forums, and these forums to get some overall information on which parts are better for you, etc.

And most probably don't use "arctic silver" the thermal compound that is oh so great at keeping your cpu nice and cool, etc.

This statement is not clear. This remark can use some clarification, please. Edited by moderator (see edit history)