xisto Community
Violena

Need Help To Recognize My Hd Via Sata Cable

Hi there,Well my computer recently packed up. I purchased a new one, and am trying to pull through the files from the old hard drive via SATA cable. I got everything set up ok, and when I plug it all in my computer identify that the hard drive is there, it just doesn't let me access it. I can't find any support on this on the internet, any suggestions?

This is a standard Microsoft Windows protection, in order to avoid your files to be stolen in case your computer is stolen.Try to log in as system admin and change the file permissions, or the user's owner.

If yordan's answer isn't helping, could define "my computer identify that the hard drive is there, it just doesn't let me access it" more clearely ? This could actually mean a lot of things:1) during startup you see the computer recognises the disk, but it doesnt' show up in windows2) windows recognized the disk (showed a yellow balloon that it's installing drivers and stuff), but it doesn't show up in windows3) windows recognized the disk, it's visible in explorer, but you can't open the disk4) same as 3, but you can open only certain folders on the disk (what yordan said)5) windows recognized the disk, you can open it, but it appears to be emptyand for each of the options there are probably a dozen of reasons why ;)

Well I guess the partition of old “hdd” could have been dented. Make an effort to recover the divider first or if that does not work, recover the files with Test disk. Hope this might helps you a lot.