xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
infotornix

Notepad++ Notepad++

Well its all about free / open source now , and i am using some of grate editor named notepad ++.
I think we all know about open source things and familiar with source forge. From source forge the notepad project is really good one its just awesome and you gyes know its so simple and tabbed so you can edit lots of files at onece.
Its a grate deal for me .
if you gyes like this can download from here.

I've been using Notepad++ for many years now, and it's an excellent program for web development and programming. I like its useful plugins such as NppFTP, and TextFX. Recently I've noticed that there's new plugins called JsLint and JsMin, which allows people writing JavaScript to code better.I also like that it runs on the Wine emulation layer well, even though you don't really need it in Linux (there's Gedit and its KDE equivalent), but it's still good to have.

For my web stuff I use PHP Designer 7, even though it's not free anymore, but it's cheap..

I used to use Notepad++, but usually just for simple text viewing and editing, but not programming, it has nice features, especially with the plugins, but on Windows I use Notepad2 as my default text viewer and editor, it's much lighter and simple to use. Notepad++ has more features, but for that I use an IDE.

Get Notepad2 here: http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html

Open source, Notepad++ is an excellent thing to have around, if you're a website builder, designer, etc.

Since you have to (at least sometimes) edit lines of code, this is the biggest help, as it has each line numbered, and easy to see.

Windows NotePad has no support for line numbers, and WordPad usually ends up smashing all the code together

(and sometimes saves it wonky, and it's unusable).