xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
8ennett

Project Praetorian

So as some of you may have noticed by now I've been writing a series of tutorials designed to aid people in the creation of text-based mmorpg games. Well, since the project has grown I've decided to make it an open-source project and expand the already created examples in to a user friendly environment for designing their own games.

I've named the project Praetorian (Roman elite guard) because I couldn't think of anything else, plus I want to make this an easier to use yet more advanced game engine compared to others out there. So the engine is going to be name PGE (Praetorian Game Engine) and the site for the new project is already up and running. I've got the forums running as well (phpBB) to try and get a community together when the final release is out.

Anyway the project is currently at The old DrugMann site (temporary until I buy a different domain) so have a look and let me know if you think this project has potential. :P

Oh and also, the site only has two translations so far, english and french and I doubt the french translation is very accurate lol but if you can think of any other languages that might be useful to put in there then please let me know.

Edited by 8ennett (see edit history)

Just a quick update for anyone who is interested. The engine is coming along fantastically, the module and addon installation is fully functional and impressive considering it's the first one i've written. Also, the community forums are up and running for help and support using PGE. I've been working hard on the next release and it should be capable of producing a fully working and secure game, which means you will be able to publish your new games with the next release then update the engine as new releases are made. I won't however be creating patches and updates for the engine until the 1.0 release (current is 0.8.2a which is still unstable) so might be an idea to hold off for a little while. Anyway, just thought I would add an update and let the asta community know I'm still here, just busy working on PGE. Take care all, 8ennett