xisto Community
addict

How Many Mycents Do U Need For A .com Domain(1year Only) mycents

Back on the topic, the price of a domain on Xisto via the Xisto Billing and Support porttal is $9.99, which is equivalent to 999 myCENTs. Depending on the quality and type of your posts, this could take around 80-100 posts to earn the required myCENTs.

I got $8.99 for 11 post :P, it should be medium sized and original so you won't get penalized.
With my common post lengths, that same amount can be achieved at around 25-35 post, still roughly lower than your calculated amount.

I also post on short or few lines like this one if the topic was not about code or idea sharing.

For instance, including this post I have at this time made 321 seperate posts and have earned in total $82.36, that averages out at around $0.26 per post, however a lot of those posts are small. Most of my money has come from writing tutorials. A decent sized post which isn't full of plagiarised content and is detailed but not bulky (say about 2 medium paragraphs) will probably earn you about 50.00mC, so to be able to order a years domain it will take you around 20 good sized posts. Now writing a tutorial you can sometimes write the equivalent of 8 or 9 medium paragraphs if you detail your work and make it clear and easy to understand. I've earned a good few $ from some of my tutorials, one of my more recent being around $3.50. Had I actually inserted the code as well (in CODE tags obviously) instead of providing the code to download then the comments surrounding each section of code could have earned me even more, however I avoided doing that because it would have made the tutorial much harder to follow. Basically my point here is, if you do write tutorials don't just think about the mC, think about how easy it will be for the readers to follow first before worrying about how much you can make from it. If a tutorial is indecipherable or isn't actually classed as a tutorial but more of a guideline then it is likely the moderators won't approve it and you won't earn your credits. Domain prices aren't a standard $9.99 either, I've entered my domain name and it has asked for $13.95 or similar. I bought manxsingles.com for a year and it has cost me $12.95. It's probably also worth pointing out that unless you already own your own domain name or purchase one from xisto then you will be unable to open a hosting account. At least in my experience that is what I found. I have opened 3 seperate hosting accounts on xisto and each time I was required to either purchase a domain name or transfer one before I could get my hosting.

I know this is a mildly old topic (3 months) but I just had to comment.I had no idea that you qualify one "myCENT" as 1.00! I thought 0.01 myCENTs == one myCENT, but from 8ennett's post it appears as though 1.00 == one myCENT. This was a very interesting read, and you guys ought to make it more clear that 1.00 myCENTs equal one myCENT, not 0.01 - that was confusing.So I guess when I have 7.77 myCENTs, I only really have the equivalent of 7 3/4 cents! I thought I had 7 3/4 *dollars*! LOL

So I guess when I have 7.77 myCENTs, I only really have the equivalent of 7 3/4 cents! I thought I had 7 3/4 *dollars*! LOL

when you reach 100 MyCents, your "My Earning" is $1.00If you have 7.77 MyCents, you have $0.0777, almost 93 MyCents missing in order to reach $1.00