xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Will My Search Engine Rank Be Effected?

Plus no matter what happens always put one ad in sidebar. It usually doesn't annoy readers and many clickthroughs go for that block. People have tendency to get attrcted towards anything flashy in sidebar. not flashy in sense of annoyance but just for distraction that they want.You should place ads like google image ads or other paid ads which are in block of size 320x225 or 125x125. I disagree with kontera advice because kontera annoys people and many times they don't link to site that annoys them. You should definitely keep readers instead of annoying them. It's possible to make money by annoying people but in longer run it'll make you exhaust by driving traffic to such sites which ultimately annoys people.

This may be kinda late but here is my opinions:
1. ads in between the content can annoy a group of people, unless you can have a nice separator that goes with the ads then go for it.
2. ads on top produce more/high CTR, the reason is that they are easy to spot and people usually click them if they are related to what they are reading.
3. ads on the bottom is only used to capture those readers that reads the whole page and expect a discussion on going below the content (comment system)

The best ad block is a mid square one on the left side of the first paragraph of your content, make sure that there is enough spacing/padding around the ads to prevent it from touching the actual content text. Even if it is the best one, I don't use it since people may click the ads on error.. I favor visitors to comeback often than to have a high earnings from the ads.

Also note that most people tends to be ads blind, they won't even recognize that an ad is viewing displayed and most of them will just treat that as a typo error or something and go on. This is known to infolinks and kontrera so they introduced in text ads, double underlined text always triggers that there is something more behind that text and people will mouse over or click it. :P

I have placed one ad right on top of the content and below the title of that particular page. Another ad is at the bottom of the content so that anyone who reads the full article have a high probability of reading and clicking the ads. Another ad which is an image ad is in the sidebar. I think the reason my CTR is very low is that I have placed on ad in the bottom and people do not read the content of my website because the content is usually too long. Also because the sidebar ad is nothing but an image ad. a 250 x 250 image ad.
I also want to share my thoughts about kontera and infolinks. I have placed them on some pages of the website but I did not earn even a single penny so I dont think these ads work well.

Plus no matter what happens always put one ad in sidebar. It usually doesn't annoy readers and many clickthroughs go for that block. People have tendency to get attrcted towards anything flashy in sidebar. not flashy in sense of annoyance but just for distraction that they want.

I think you are right. I have not placed a good ad in the sidebar and my CTR is very low. This elaborates the importance of the sidebar ads. Also I think ads that attract the users towards them are very high clicks producing ads. I recently saw and ad at the wikipedia top. It was not a common ad. It was an appeal from the wikipedia owner to raise funds for the expenses of the company. The important thing about the ad was that it directly attracts the visitors attention because it is uncommon. So uncommon things attract attention.

Exactly. Sometimes you have to annoy people to take action but not that annoyance which turns them off your site forever. You have to look at the site decent navigation structure which shouldn't be disabled by adding ads. Once you choose a good CMS we can suggest you nice themes that are good for your site. But as of now just work on whatever you have till you learn about CMS or get hosting if haven't yet. If you're placing kontera and infolink ads then make sure you disable adsense from site because it will lower your CTR anyway. Konter/infolinks is not suitable for medical niche sites because people are looking for information and annoying them such ads will reduce your traffic and backlinks(which prospect reader is likely to bring).

Exactly. Sometimes you have to annoy people to take action but not that annoyance which turns them off your site forever. You have to look at the site decent navigation structure which shouldn't be disabled by adding ads.
Once you choose a good CMS we can suggest you nice themes that are good for your site. But as of now just work on whatever you have till you learn about CMS or get hosting if haven't yet.

If you're placing kontera and infolink ads then make sure you disable adsense from site because it will lower your CTR anyway. Konter/infolinks is not suitable for medical niche sites because people are looking for information and annoying them such ads will reduce your traffic and backlinks(which prospect reader is likely to bring).

Please tell me more about CMS. What benefits will I get when I use CMS for my website as compared to using HTML and CSS for website.
I do not get the point about kontera. The main reason I used kontera was to add a supplement to the google ads so that the overall income of my website increases.

CMS let's you organize your articles, search for it, label it, tag it for search engines, categorize for it for your own use and many more. This you can't do with static websites and many SEO hacks will just take your time, so it is better to use CMS.One thing you can do is sign up at : wordpress.com and then learn how to post on blog, how to create a page. This way you can learn what CMS is and how to use it for your static website purpose. It makes things very fast for you and you'll find yourself spending time in productive things than doing simple HTML tricks. Kontera is annoying type of advertising. Unless you desperately want to annoy visitors i suggest not to use this advertising model. Kontera is roll-over,in-text ad model which is hated by both publishers and readers. Think about it, if you want more clicks to google adsense then why to use kontera at first place ? you're loosing google adsense clicks because of kontera. What is your motive ? annoy readers or to earn money ? decide on that choose the best model for your advertising.

CMS let's you organize your articles, search for it, label it, tag it for search engines, categorize for it for your own use and many more. This you can't do with static websites and many SEO hacks will just take your time, so it is better to use CMS.

One thing you can do is sign up at : wordpress.com and then learn how to post on blog, how to create a page. This way you can learn what CMS is and how to use it for your static website purpose. It makes things very fast for you and you'll find yourself spending time in productive things than doing simple HTML tricks.

Kontera is annoying type of advertising. Unless you desperately want to annoy visitors i suggest not to use this advertising model. Kontera is roll-over,in-text ad model which is hated by both publishers and readers. Think about it, if you want more clicks to google adsense then why to use kontera at first place ? you're loosing google adsense clicks because of kontera. What is your motive ? annoy readers or to earn money ? decide on that choose the best model for your advertising.

I have used wordpress quite a time ago when I had a blog on wordpress. My question is that can I use wordpress to generate page that looks exactly similar to what my page looks right now. This is the link to my website.

mananatomy.com

I do not want to create a blog. I just want a page that looks similar to what it is now. If the same type of pages can be used to CMS then I better transfer to it because I am already rennovating my website.

Yes. You can use any theme you like for wordpress or even use themes as simple or as complicated as possible for you. In order to code themes you need to know a little bit of CSS (which i guess you already know) and php tags for wordpress. Once you know this much you can easily code a simple wordpress for your website, wordpress is CMS not just blogging engine. It has option to make your page look like static site. You just have to play with theme and the static setting to get the look and feel and static feel of it. I think you are missing a lot of google value by making your page static, what's wrong with blog ? google and other search engines will do depending on if your site has dynamic or static content. Dynamic content has more chances of ranking better and getting found. You don't have to tell others that it's blog, just remove tags,date and other things from theme to make it look like static site. That''s enough for you, try wordpress it is much better.

I think you are missing a lot of google value by making your page static, what's wrong with blog ? google and other search engines will do depending on if your site has dynamic or static content. Dynamic content has more chances of ranking better and getting found. You don't have to tell others that it's blog, just remove tags,date and other things from theme to make it look like static site. That''s enough for you, try wordpress it is much better.

The thing that I value the most is the reputation that search engine will give to my website and if dynamic pages of engines like wordpress can get more search engine value then I am certainly not going for satic HTML and CSS pages. I want my content to be respected by search engines and if the respect can be increased by using wordpress, I am definitely going for it but I have a few concerns.How much time will it take to gain enough familiarity with the environment so that I can achieve the desired results all on my self and not depending on the google search for every little problem I face.
I do not php at all and if there is any knowledge of php required, then I will be in some huge trouble because i do not have time to learn php now.
I want to redesign my website once and for ever. I do not want to change it again that is why I need to first completely clarify to myself where should I go to earn the maximum revenue from my website that is possible.
Please guide me.