xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zenia

History And Future Of Talent Scout Contest Tv Shows. From Idols to The Voice Of The Country

Talent Scout Shows  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Talent scout shows on televison

History

It seems the popularity of talent scout shows on the television started with Idols. Talent scout contests are very old. The usual procedure is that an amount of singers perform. They are all amateurs. After the performances the judges deliberate in private. After that the winner is announced.

Some new elements of nowadays contests are that the performer hears the judges' comment right away after the performance. And a new element on television is that the comments of the judges can be very nasty. Another new element is that people who can't sing are shown on television.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

Here in holland we have a new show running at the moment called " -The Voice- of holland ".This show brought some new elements to the table. Singers get an blind audition after getting trough a first round in which they send in audio demo. During the blind auditions the judges sit on rotating chairs with their backs to the performers. If a judge likes what he or she hears they can press a button and that means the candidate is tru to the next round, at that point the judge chair rotates to a normal position facing the performer. If more then one judge vote for the same candidate then the candidate gets to chose which judge he would like to have as his or her coach. After these blind auditions every judge has a team and in the next round called "the battles" each judge will have to eliminate some of his or her's candidates by putting them one by one in a battle against eachother and after their performance desiding which was better. I don't know yet what the next round will be after "the battles", we 'll see next week.

To be honest , i don´t like them i don´t watch them , i don´t want loose my time with such tv show , all is about advertising , viewers rates and money.Just a honest opinion.

To be honest , i don´t like them i don´t watch them , i don´t want loose my time with such tv show , all is about advertising , viewers rates and money.Just a honest opinion.

Almost any reply is appreciated.

And the opinion that scouting tv shows are made just to earn money using innocent amateurs who don't earn anything for their coöperating for the show can be worthfull too.

It seems 12.000.000 people voted for 1 of the last episodes of Britain's got talent.

This can mean lots of people like to participate.

And this can mean that the show is popular.

This can also mean that lots of money is earnt by the makers and the tv station.

Some people got rich by joining a contest.

It seems Paul Potts is travelling all over the world with his opera songs.

Posted Image

And it seems Susan Boyle, the lady who amazed last year, got 1.000.000 british pounds in advance for the expected sellings of her first cd.

Posted Image

Edited by zenia (see edit history)