xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jonline

Seo Question about backlinks

in terms of linkjuice/pr when you comment ona blog with 100 internal links and 20 external links and there are say 15 followed external.
Is the websites "vote" divided by
1) 15
2) 20
3) 115
4) 120

I don't think the calculation is as simple as this. There must be a whole lot of other factors involved. I can say this because I have a website with homepage PR of 3. The pages linked directly by my website don't have any PR. Yes there are a number of other links present on the home page but still none of them seem to pass the PR through a simple calculation. I experimented with my homepage and left it only with one single link to another page of my website which actually had a PR of ). But still I couldn't see the PR of the linked page rising above. So if it had been such a simple calculation, the PR of the linked page should have risen to at least 2.
I am not a SEO expert. I am just sharing my experience with you and the data I have provided you might be wrong.

PR is not a good basis for popularity or even a sign of good rise of visitors. I have no idea how PR is computed but I know a few websites that have no PR simply because the PR calculators give them a very low score and yet have a high traffic (more than 50,000 unique visitors a day). A few websites with a high PR that was only visited by bots. On my best opinion, SEO and actual visitor count is still best than PR.

PR is not a good basis for popularity or even a sign of good rise of visitors. I have no idea how PR is computed but I know a few websites that have no PR simply because the PR calculators give them a very low score and yet have a high traffic (more than 50,000 unique visitors a day). A few websites with a high PR that was only visited by bots.
On my best opinion, SEO and actual visitor count is still best than PR.

You are absolutely right vhortex. There are a lot of website which have PR of 0 and alexa rank of more than 100000. They might have some issue with google's rating but they still recieve a lot of traffic. PR and traffic are two different things in my opinion. It does not necessarily mean that a website recieving a lot of traffic will have a high PR or a webiste with high PR will recieve a lot of traffic. But I must tell you that with all other things common, websites with higher PR are more likely to recieve more traffic. The reason is that google respects sites with higher PR and you will have to admire that Google is one of the biggest sources of traffic for almost all websites (yes there are exceptions, but for an ordinary webmaster, google is the biggest source of traffic.) So if google respects your sites and most likely places them above your competitors in search results, then your website is likely to recieve a lot of traffic.
Please tell me if I am wrong>