xisto Community
jonline

Unable to answer to topics. nor create new topics.

Sorry I know this is irrelevant but I'm findiing it quite hard to get around and the forum wont' let make new topics or reply to topics (I'm currently using fast reply - the only option I found that works). If you know why this is could you please message me. Am I not aloud to post on the forum before doing something else first?

You created 1 new topic.
And you posted 1 post.
So you made a sort of start.
Maybe his helps.

It's a bug in the forum software. In your control panel, change the default editor to standard mod.

At first the cursor didn't show up in the window to type.This advice helped to get everything working.
As far as known there is no special activity needed to be able to post.
To earn credits and website dollars it is needed to register to the host website with the same email address used to register to the forum.

Another advice is to download and use another browser.
The browser can be the problem.
Edited by zenia (see edit history)

Hi, Jonline.
You first posted this question as a reply to a post concerning another subject.
That's why moved it here.
Could you please tell us how your problem exactly behaves ?
Before posting you have to login, I guess you know that.
And, unfortunately, some parts of the forum are forbidden.
So, can you first go to the TEST subforum, here : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/104-forum/
Try to post something there, it should work.
Also, which operating system are you currently using, and which browser does not allow you to "add reply" to a topic? Maybe the answer is simply coming too slowly?

(this a fast reply again). @yordan: i'm using vista and firefox and when i click in the post box the blinking line doesn't appear. I then try to type and nothing shows up. I also tryed the test forum but I had the same problem.@zenia: I'm afraid yu'll have to more clear, I assume simply by clicking on my username I am in control panel? Well once there I can't seem to find the "standard mod" option.also I don't have an option for myCENTs on the left side of my usernameEDIT: I have now found a way to post. The two arrows in a circle button on the top right of the post box (switch between stadard and rich text editor). when i hit that i can type. I'm thinking that perhaps i clicked the button by mistake beofre I started.

Edited by jonline (see edit history)

(this a fast reply again). @yordan: i'm using vista and firefox

I am also using vista and Firefox, and it works on my computer. Probably a security settings somewhere preventing firefox to change something on your screen display modes.

Here are directions on how to change the settings of the forum on the website of the Xisto in order to be able to write comments and replies.
1. Go to the upper part of the website of the forum.
2. Click on the button that says: My Controls.
3. Go to the Menu.
The Menu is on the left part of the webpage.
4. Go to: Options.
5. Click on: Board Settings.
6. Scroll down to the last option.
7. Go to the option that says: Posting Settings.
8. Click on the little arrow on the right of the button that says: Rich Text Editor.
9. Choose: Standard Text Editor.
10. Click: Change My Account Options.

Following these 10 steps should result in the possibility to type text in the reply window without any problem.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)