xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H.O.D

Which Is The Best Firefox Derivative?

First there was Netscape Navigator. Then came Internet Explorer. In between there were some other browsers which may or may not be worth mentioning but after the two above mentioned browsers, the only other browser which can be mentioned as revolutionary is Mozilla Firefox. From the very first day it made sure that it is a freeware which is not to be taken lightly. Since then there has been no looking back. However, if I'm not wrong, Firefox is a derivative of Netscape Navigator, right? Likewise, there have been a few derivatives from Firefox as well. The only one I knew about till now was Seamonkey. Then I came to know about another one called Epic, which is a very new browser based on Firefox. I realised that there must be many more like these, based on firefox and bringing something new at the same time. Does anyone know more about these derivatives? Have you used any of these browsers till now? I used Seamonkey on Ubuntu and although it seemed good it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I haven't used Epic yet because it is available only for Windows. So if you have used any other derivative browsers please give your experience here.

Flock is a firefox derivative, i used it and uninstalled it since it can't cope up with plugin updates. For some reason Flock consider newest Java, Flash and Shockwave as plugins rather than pure addon.Flocks engine is out dated and it was not totally usefully if used on windows system with Firefox or Opera running with it. It only feels like using an older firefox than using an alternative browser.There are a few more derivative and the most common problem that they have is the lack of timely updates.**********************Firefox was a derivative of Netscape Gecko which was known first as Firefox Gecko. I am reluctant to use it since it is a Netscape clone. On its 3rd version, it separated its development from its Gecko base library and evolve on its own. Now netscape can no longer be found on my computers and firefox have earned its place both on my Linux, Hybrid and Windows system.