xisto Community
pikaz

Java + Login

How well does java script work with a mysql databse for gaming and such? if not, then what would you recommend for logging in and storing information for an online game and does anyone have links to simple scripts and/or tutorials?

First, Java != Javascript.

Second, PHP is the best language for dealing with mySQL and it's also really easy to learn.

php.net is a really good resource, and there are some tutorials here in the tutorial section.

First, Java != Javascript.

Second, PHP is the best language for dealing with mySQL and it's also really easy to learn.

php.net is a really good resource, and there are some tutorials here in the tutorial section.

68388[/snapback]

PHP is really the best language. It's the first web-programming language that i learned. And I don't want to learn any other language! I just love PHP! Every one has PHP!

the mian problem i have come across with php is that it actually doesn't have alot of real time functionability like java does. I like php and all, but I think I want to actually end up using both. But does java have another form of databasing that is easier then?

<script language="Java Script">if (document.formname.gap_name == 'LOGIN' && document.form_name.gap_name.value == '123456789'){window.open("page_after_check.htm");}</script>

JavaScript is client side only. It has no way of interacting with the server other than retrieving documents from it as a web browser would.If you want to use MySQL, you are going to need to use a server-side language such as PHP or Perl. As has been mentioned, PHP is easier to learn, and has great MySQL functionality.In theory, you could have JavaScript submit information to a script located on the server that would then process the information accordingly; however, this would open up all sorts of security issues and is most definately not a good idea.

Depends on what kind of game you are running but I sincerely suggest you use PHP and mySQL. Even if your game is a flashgame, the trouble will than be how to build a link between the flash (actionscript 2.0) and php...Maybe actionscript can connect to mySQL itself these days?