xisto Community
Eggie

Converting Image To Text

Is it possible to convert scanned picture(jpg) which has text into plain .txt file?my girlfriend got a mail from her professor which he scanned,not typed,and she wants it in .txt format....can this be easily done with some converter or she must retype it ?Need this information asap ;)Thanks...Eggie

Having an ocr software on your computer could be rather useful for such purposes.With most of home scanners are delivered with a driver CD which also has an ocr software. Abby Finereader works rather fine, converting while scanning or from jpg files. However, free-ocr.com is a good alternative.And googling "ocr free software" you will have a lot of answers, from professional expensive software through sharewares to free ones.

Thanks for your answers...I just didn't know if there really exists one program that does such a thing...i really like that you don't have to retype everything,but just some mistakes that program makes which rarely happens...I will download trial of Abby Finereader and try it at first,but i think i'll like it that much to buy it afterall ;)Thanks...Eggie

I will download trial of Abby Finereader and try it at first,but i think i'll like it that much to buy it afterall ;)

You will see that it's really fine. During the scan it converts and opens a Microsoft Word document, including the text and the surrounding images.