xisto Community
yeska

Folder Option Missing

One of the many symptoms of having a virus in your computer is the missing "Folder Option". You can find it in Control Panel or open My Document then click tools.. there should be four options there..If administrator did not configure it should see the following the Map Network Drive, Disconnect Network Drive, Synchronize and Folder Options.. If you did not find it. Let's start looking... Click Start->Run then type gpedit.msc under User Configuration click Administraive Templates->Windows Components->Windows Explorer then find the "Removes the Folder Options menu item from the Tools Menu" from the list on the right and change it state to Disabled. Now, you can access your "Folder Options". If it doesn't work try to restart your unit.. BTW, I've only done this in WinXP pro.. Hope you find yours cause I've found mine.. ;)

Hello dear, follow the steps, hope this will solve the problem.1. Log on to Windows with a user account that has Administrator privileges.2. Click on the "Start" button, on the Windows taskbar.3. Click on "Run" and place your cursor in the text box.4. In the text box, type gpedit.msc and click "Ok" to run the group policy editor.5. Navigate to the "Control Panel" item under "Administrative Templates" (Local Computer Policy -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel).6. Check the State of "Hide specified Control Panel applets". If this is enabled, double click it and choose "Disabled". Click on "Ok" to save your changes.7. Check "Show only specified Control Panel applets". If this is enabled, double click it and choose "Disabled". Click OK to save your changes.8. Close the group policy editor.9. Click on the "Start" button, on the Windows taskbar.10. Click on "Control Panel". If "Control Panel" is not visible, try clicking on "Settings", then "Control Panel".11. Choose "View" from the menu, then "Refresh".Thanks.