xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LUKK3

Posting

I think my computer has a problem with this text box for posting.First of all, there is no curser, I have to just guess where I would be typing and where I am. I also can't seem to navigate through the text and instead always have to continue typing from the end. This makes it impossible to correct errors I've found in my own post or add things in it. I can't even copy the text! (Although I can paste it)This can't be normal and has never happened anywhere but this site, and overall makes posting very inconvienient.

This is more of browser issue,in my opinion. Sometimes browser does act weirdly. I have seen firefox, opera and chrome doing that. Chrome goes one step ahead sometimes, it even restarts for me when i try to spell-check my posts. I think cleaning browser history regularly could solve this issue. I think of this issue of clipboard cache of browser. Not sure if it's exactly that problem. Try if you can update the browser. Earlier Mozilla versions did that trouble with me, current 3.5.3 version of firefox is not showing such issues. Even opera current version is not showing this problem. But yeah, i do have this issue with chrome. If you're having this issue with multiple browsers and that too with recent version of them, then post in their support forums maybe they can help. And if they reply that it is OS issue. Then you need to ask this problem in OS support forums like protonic, tech support guy etc.

Can't remember that it ever happened to me, LUKK3 what browser and OS you're using?I never clear my cache on Opera, I'm using CCleaner which clears private data and cache for Firefox and IE, but never had any issues like that with posting.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.3 on a Vista (I know, Vista is probably the main problem...) and I highly doubt it's a browser problem.What I found out is that the problem doesn't seem to occur if I use 'fast reply' as opposed to 'add reply', so I guess I can just use that for now on. Thanks for trying to help!

Is this the problem only with Firefox? Have you tried Internet Explorer, Opera or Chrome? If all these browsers do have this problem, then this will be a problem with vista. If only Firefox isn't working correctly then try re-installing firefox. Before uninstalling your Firefox, try to post from Firefox safe mode. If you don't have any problem in safe mode, then this problem is due to a plugin... Try safe mode...