xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Windows 7 Media Center Issues

Sound in Media CenterWindows 7 Media Center Issues

I just upgraded to Windows 7 3days ago, and I have sound with though my 5.1 surround sound, but no sound in Media Center.  Has any one experienced this problem? 

-reply by Troop

Windows 7 Media Center will not play DVDs (ie: the harry potter movies)Windows 7 Media Center Issues

As I said I cannot play DVDs that I bought like the Harry Potter movies just to name a few, every time I try I get the following error message:

DVD Error

Windows Media Center cannot play this DVD.

Restart Windows Media Center and insert the DVD again

I have done this over and over again. Can anybody tell me how I can fix this?

-question by Mike Horak

win7 media issueWindows 7 Media Center Issues

Definately a win7 media center issue for us in Edmonton too.

We have 3 pc s with tuners hooked up all 3 have no problem downloading

the epg each pc uses the same firewall ,antivirus ,network settings etc

The two using vista work properly but the one using win7 downloads  a 

similar guide with the all the right channels but the last half  of the channels

show a different tv show then what is on the zap2it guide.

Even tried a variety of similar postal codes without success,also tried the software

that came with ATI 650 PCI tuner .

Maybe shaw is still not ready for win7 yet ...

-reply by mzorro

i cant record through win7 media center.Windows 7 Media Center Issues

I cant record through win7 media center.Before updating the epg,I was able to do manual record,but after updating guide,it doesnt record manually or sceduled. Also if win is running but M.C is closed or running it doesnt record. Soft with Tv tuner record successfully.Please help.

i cant record through win7 media center.Before updating the epg,i was able to do manual record,but after updating guide,it doesnt record manually or sceduled. Also if win is running but M.C is closed or running it doesnt record. Soft with Tv tuner reWindows 7 Media Center Issues

I cant record through win7 media center.Before updating the epg,I wasAble to do manual record,but after updating guide,it doesnt recordManually or sceduled. Also if win is running but M.C is closed orRunning it doesnt record. Soft with Tv tuner record successfully.PleaseHelp.

I have windows 7 . Not long ago I tried to download an enhanced photo viewer.When it would not install , I tried adjusting some things...And evidently messed up bigtime.  Now it seems Windows Media Center has hijacked whatever it is that starts applications and programs...I can get around it somehow , but theWindows Media Center Icon is on several programs on my start menu...Also Photo Viewer has latched on to some...MediaCenter tries to come on whenever I trie to use an exe file ...And/or maybe dll...But I can not figure out how to reverse whatever I did. Evidently my restore points have not been happening, so that I can not go back to before I fiddled with things...And I can not find my disc..I tried adjusting everything back to defaults and that did not change it back. I looked for a way to uninstall Windows Media Center, but could not find any options for that. It is interfering with my life! If  it could facilitate starting and running my programs I would not mind it being the control center...But it can not so I am stuck in a weird state on the computer until I close it and jump onto something else quickly to try to get somewhere before it takes over the screen and interrupts me again... Does anyone understand this problem? Could anyone have ideas I could try to get Media Center back in it's place and the other programs and applications functioning as they should? 

Thank you!

-question by Karen

Media Center Internet TV ProblemsWindows 7 Media Center Issues

I had no problems at first. When I click on the internet TV in media Center, it asks me to download and install.  I've done that several times.. download completes, So I think.  When you go back to the guide in the media center, scroll down to the internet TV options, click on a show you want to watch, it pops up and says to install again.. This action just repeats and repeats.. How can I get my Internet TV to work again?

Win 7 Media Center - Delete video file causes video list to jump way backWindows 7 Media Center Issues

I've just started using Window 7 and media center (was using XP) and found a few weird issues.

I often download tv shows and then watch them via MC.

When I delete a show I have watched, I'm returned to the listing of videos but MC shoots me back to the beginning of this list.

This really sucks when I had to advance over 4 or 5 times to get to my show.

Is this by design or can it be hacked or what?

It's a small thing, but damn if it isn't annoying as heck. 

-question by Russ

Replying to iGuestI had this also for a while, the solution I had was setting myself up as the default user, apparently this feature only works for the administrator, not other users--the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do to have a secure computer.

-reply by Leviathan Gray

Media Center PlaylistWindows 7 Media Center Issues

I am using Windows Media Center for the first time. Dell Inspiron Laptop with windows 7 Home Premium. I just cannot create a playlist. After naming the list and selecting the song files,and I select "Create", the following error message appears,"Windows Media Center cannot save your playlist at this time. Make sure to use only valid characters in the playlist name,and try to save the playlist later".I made several other attempts using various names but the same thing resulted. Please help.John

-reply by johnw