xisto Community
takerraj

Which Is The Right Procedure To Get Free Hosting? (confused)

Till day 1 I have been confused on how to get free hosting. In the forums I see Free webhosting requests category where people are requesting for hosting, it says I need credits and I didn't see any credits on my profile. All I can see is my cents and I made money sufficient for one month hosting. My question here is should I directly go to Xisto billing and buy one month hosting or should I have to use application form within Asta forums in order to apply for hosting? Very much confused, can anyone sort out my problem? P.S : Is credit system replaced with My cents system?

Edited by takerraj (see edit history)

Yes, the credits system is replaced by mycents system. You can just have a look at the anouncements forum where you can find this neat thread explaining all the stuffs:

Just spend five minutes, reading everything in detail and you will be on track with the procedures. I did.

In the forums I see Free webhosting requests category where people are requesting for hosting, it says I need credits and I didn't see any credits on my profile.

Well, if you actually read the second posts of the latest threads in that forum, you can actually see the mods posting the procedure of the new system. Hope this clears your confusion. And happy hosting.

Yes. Just order the package you want from xisto billing area. Wait for a few hours for the order to be approved. If you don't receive the account setup email, first check the "Mails" in the billing account. Sometimes, the mail don't arrive to your mail account. It happened to me. So be sure to check that before sending a support ticket.

OK, I've ordered for one month. The account was accepted. That's cool. So next month I have to buy once again or will there be any option like extend one more month? So that hosting for my site will be uninterrupted.

OK, I've ordered for one month. The account was accepted. That's cool. So next month I have to buy once again or will there be any option like extend one more month? So that hosting for my site will be uninterrupted.

No interrupt, your hosting is yours. The payment will be monthly, which means each month you will need to have enough in your "Account Credit Balance" ; which means that you simply have to earn myCENTs enough during this month in order to avoid having a negative Credit Balance after the payment.

I have signed up for hosting on 18th jun. So by next month 18th I have to gather enough MyCENTS required for another month. OK, will they automatically take MyCENTS next month or will there be another procedure for adding one more month?

The ComputingHosting billing system will automatically bill you every month while your hosting plan is still active. As long as you earn enough myCENTs and they are coverted to dollars in the billing system balance, it should be automatic.By the way, I wonder why they are not removing this old forum, since the only thing it does now is confuse new members about procedures in getting a new hosting plan.

Yes, we have to tidy up the old descriptions. This will be done, simply our staff has a lot of work at a lot of different places, so this could need some time.

Well same thing here, but as far as I know it was there in previous system. Now, it seems they have removed that. So it no longer holds any value by being denoted as hosted or not hosted.

Edited by Spencer (see edit history)