xisto Community
dangerdan

Ronaldo Worth £80m?

Manchester United confirmed today they have accepted an offer for £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid. Given the current economic climate I feel that this is an absolutely insane amount. Especially as they splashed nearly £60m on Kaka just a few days ago, and are said to be closing in on David Villa for around £30m.How has football become so inflated and what can be done to stop it?

Yeah it will blatently will. He's almost as marketable as David Beckham now. Apparently he's going to be earning £225k a week! and because hes a foreign national in Spain he'll pay just 5% tax....over here he was paying 50% on most his earnings.

Even though I'm a huge fan of Chistiano Ronaldo, I still don't think he's worth 80m. I mean that's ridiculous.

Not necessarily. He is doing his job. Somebody thinks that his job is worth this amount, and is ready to pay for it, everything is OK.Personally I estimate that I am worth 156m.
Unfortunately, nobody agrees with me, and nobody is ready to pay this amount of money for me. Too bad. :D