xisto Community
Tenshi

Astahost.com/forum(s) Leads Me To A 404 Not Found

Hi,

I am not sure as to how many people are facing this problem but I sure am, unlike at Xisto where when I enter Xisto.com/forums I am automatically redirected to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ when I type Xisto.com/forum or /forums I am taken to a 404 page not found. Now I can get to the forums when I type Xisto.com/forums.html so it's fine but I worry about the members trying to find the forum and ending up with a 404 error.

If the topic is in a wrong place, i apologize for I was not sure where to submit the topic.

The thing is ast.../forums.html works but if you simply add Xisto.com/forum it does not.. Can you please tell me if that is working on your machine?

Hi pals. I tried doing it, but lo! Google Chrome auto completes the url for me just after typing "as". I will bookmark Xisto now! Tenshi, may be you could do the same. I know its a lame suggestion, but it works.

Hi pals. I tried doing it, but lo! Google Chrome auto completes the url for me just after typing "as". I will bookmark Xisto now! Tenshi, may be you could do the same. I know its a lame suggestion, but it works.

Hey Spencer, most browsers do auto complete urls you have visited & I have the url memorized but my concern is not for me but for the newbies who come here or the visitors who come in search of Asta. Would sending a support ticket help?

Your problem can be solucionated with these tips... :o :o Disable the cache of your browser...This maybe is confusing the new content of Xisto forum site with the content saved in your computer.Delete all the cookies...It´s a possibilty althougth the only cookie that Xisto save in your browser is the cookie to login you automatically...Test with a different link than index page...Test this forum link maybe this is the problem althougth that will be strange...And last...Uninstall your actual browser and download Mozilla Firefox or IE7...Those are the best web browsers so don´t lose your time with other browsers...I hope that you can solucionate your problems with these tips for you can continue enjoying the Xisto forum...Regards.