xisto Community
yordan

Uni.cc seems down ?

uni.cc, the famous free domain name provider, seems currently down.
The only info from the main page is the following :

Opening soonThis site is still under construction. All features will be enabled soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Seems that the corresponding user sites did not disappear, they are simply frozen.

uni.cc domain service has been down for many months. Only recently the reason they give seems to be more attractive and interesting.

Opening soon

This site is still under construction. All features will be enabled soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.

This means the services are in thier final launching stage. May be we would soon see it offering the wonderful service again.

Before that they used to tell that they would launch the service once again in some X month. And after the month would have passed they would change that to some future month. Anyway what they offer is free service with no ads. I think they would have done extensive improvements in thier service by now and also are well funded (I don't know whether they went short of money).

Yes the already existing domains are working. I think thats the way to keep the users trust. Wishing them good luck.

Edit:

Seems that the corresponding user sites did not disappear, they are simply frozen.

Their subdomains which they offer to users aren't frozen. May be the site you checked has some problems. Edited by Staldon (see edit history)

Heres the good news! I just checked the website and the registration for new domains are open now. Go get your own domain fast. I just registered one and am waiting for the dns to propagate. They are offering NS, A, MX records.

You need to add the the code for the uni.cc's logo in the homepage and subdomain homepages (if any). The HTML code can be found in domain control panel.

At this time you can only unsubscribe from your current service and join DNS services.Do you wish to proceed?

It seems that, for previous users, the free domain and Web forwarding features disappear.