xisto Community
hfbvm

Google Adsense

Google AdSense, Google's advertising program that lets webmasters display ads from Google's extensive list of advertisers, has taken the Internet by storm. Through this successful program, unobtrusive text-based ads are served in member sites, who then earn a commission every time someone clicks on the advertisers' links.
Why Adsense Is So Popular

Google AdSense uses Google's proprietary PageRank" search technology to deliver ads that are highly relevant to the content of a page. Google's engine will scan through the content of the page to determine its topic, and will then serve ads that are relevant to the page's content.

Running Google AdSense is simple and straightforward: Google gives you a snippet of HTML code that you can paste in the desired location on your page, and the ads start appearing immediately after you upload the changes to your server.

However, Google AdSense's main claim to fame is that, by displaying text-based ads, it is able to deliver much higher click-through rates than traditional graphic banner ads. As usability studies have widely shown, users are already conditioned to ignore banner ads (or anything else that looks like them). As a result, banner ad click-through rates have dropped below a dismal 0.5% (in other words, it takes 200 page views, on average, to get someone to click on a banner ad).

By using text based ads instead of graphic banners, Google has been able to overcome banner ad blindness, delivering click-through rates that are much higher than the industry's average (some put the figure around the 1.5% mark).

How much can you expect to earn by running Google Ads on your site?

The pay-off per click varies widely depending on what each advertiser decides to offer, based on the profitability of their products and their expected conversion rate (percentage of clicks that deliver a sale). Google is not saying what the average pay-off is nor how does it share the revenue per click with their AdSense partners, but how much you will earn per click will really depends on the topic and the product being advertised. Products with profit margins of $3.00 for the advertiser will probably give you a smaller pay-off per click than a product with a $300 profit margin. Similarly, ads with high conversion rates will normally give you higher payouts than less effective ads, since they can afford to pay more dollars per click, with a portion of that money going to you.

So, just for the sake of giving an example, lets say that your site receives 1,000 page views per day. At a 1.0% click-through rate and $0.50 pay-off per click to you, in a 30-day month you can expect to make:

1,000 x 30 x 1.0% x $0.50 = $150

The more traffic your site has, the more clicks (and the larger the pay-off) you will get.

Conclusion

If you want to use adsense, please use text ads at a strategic location. A startegic location in your website may vary depending on your design. For example your might want to add text ads on affliate below your link menu. The word "Affiliate" or "Other" might as well get a large click.
Please dont copy paste this.

Edited by yordan
Quoted the text copied from http://www.intelliwebtools.com/node/91 (see edit history)

i copied and posted it from my forum.Sorry.I forgot to put quote tags.1 Q can i post the everyconsole ever made list in quoted tags?

i copied and posted it from my forum.Sorry.I forgot to put quote tags.1 Q can i post the everyconsole ever made list in quoted tags?

If you quote it and if you mention where it's copied from, no problem. However, this particular post has no interest because it exists on a lot of sites over the internet, and has already been reported as a spam.

can i mention that it is copied from my websites forum.But if i say it ppl will visit my website and i will get banned for spamming. :o :o

I believe that the information given is useful even though it was copied.Best regards,

I believe that the information given is useful even though it was copied.

I have two different point of view : 1) I'm always interested by useful and interesting information. However, if the information is copied, I would like to know where the info has been copied from.
2) Precisely from the google adsense point of view, sites with original infos are better rated than sites with copied text. So, if we want to obtain free web hosting sustained by a high-rated forum, we should not put copied texts.

I have two different point of view : 1) I'm always interested by useful and interesting information. However, if the information is copied, I would like to know where the info has been copied from.
2) Precisely from the google adsense point of view, sites with original infos are better rated than sites with copied text. So, if we want to obtain free web hosting sustained by a high-rated forum, we should not put copied texts.

I completely agree with you, my mistake was don't put that must use quotes with that kind of texts.

Best regards,

If initially you want to add google ads Sense and you don't have idea how to add it.
You can always add a code sample code is as follows

<script type="text/javascript"><!--google_ad_client = "pub-1539795240935443";// 728x90, created 5/15/09 google_ad_slot = "2854208696";google_ad_width = 728;google_ad_height = 90;//--></script><script type="text/javascript"src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script>

You can see images .
Simple way is just copy past this code in your file say html, aspx and you can see image ads

If initially you want to add google ads Sense and you don't have idea how to add it.You can always add a code sample code is as follows

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-1539795240935443"; // 728x90, created 5/15/09  google_ad_slot = "2854208696"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>

You can see images .
Simple way is just copy past this code in your file say html, aspx and you can see image ads
Ok, every thing is correct but do not forget to replace the google adsense publisher in this code with your own one.

Best regards,

Google adsense is quite good because it can bring some passive income. But it depends on the niche and keywords. A lot of people discuss this matters on dp forums. Actually I am looking for the high paid niche as well. Any idea about that? Sometime I just doubt about that those guys who claim to earn tons of money a lot of by adsense. Anyone here have some experience about it?

Edited by Tian (see edit history)