xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mzeppelin

Guitar Who plays it?

I've been playing the guitar for close to five years now. I haven't improved much lately--I hardly have any time to practice anymore. I used to have lightning fast alternate picking (to the point where I was able to comfortably play some John Petrucci stuff) but that has slowed down substantially. I still enjoy learning plenty of tunes and I like to come up with my own stuff occasionally, but my dedication to the instrument does have some room for improvement...

I play guitar from childhood. Playing guitar is one of my hobbies. I Started playing guitar from as early as I can remember my childhood days. My brothers are well trained guitarists too. As such if guitar is there to play freely I never feel bored nor lonely. Guitar fills up my leisure time with songs ranging from 'When you believe' to 'I believe I can fly'. It has been a pride since many of my friends don't know how to play. hehe. I enjoy playing guitar and will continue to enjoy.

I started playing guitar when I was 14. I played for about 5 or 6 years. Couldn't pay my rent one month and sold the guitar. Sadly I went without a guitar for about 7 years. Now all I had known 7 years ago has become alot harder to re-master than it was to master in the first place. But I suppose after 5 or so more years I'll be back to that level again.zippy77

I have been playing the guitar for 4 years now. I love playing the guitar. I like playing ac dc songs and led zeppelin. I also play the electric bass but i prefer the electric guitar.

Have been playing for about 4 years now, and am pretty good. I take my playing from Led Zeppelin or The Dooby Brothers. Every now and than I'll through in some new age stuff: Buckethead, Chevelle, Nine Inch Nails, Guns and Roses, whatever. I love guitar, as well as bass. But, I'm more guitar, which I think is better.

I pickup my first guitar because it was just there. A friend of mine had his own band and it was during his break that I picked it up. And I fell in love with it ever since. His guitar was modified acoustic that had triple pickup. He wanted his amplified sound to be equal to the sound without an amplifier. He was fussy that way.I remember how it resonated around the body of that guitar and how it synchronized with my heart beat. So I convinced my father that my 13th birthday gift was going to be a guitar. Well, to make the long arguments later I bought my first guitar at 15 after working my best summers away LOL. I didn't know much about guitars back then and this old man at the Sam Ashe showed me what to select. He showed me what to look for when selecting an acoustic and that advice never stirred me wrong.I owned Takamine acoustic/electric and picked up Takamine classical/electric when I was done with my college. After studying classical music for two years, I had this yearning to pick up another one. Mostly I am self taught until I was in college. I seemed to be blessed with the perfect pitch and had the nag for leaning to play instruments quite fast (well at least that's what I was told). When my ex-fianc? left me I stopped everything for 7 years. I pawned my instruments and that was that. But you know life without your music just isn't the same. I re-required Takamine's acoustic and classical (both electric) recently and I'm beginning to remember what is like to feel that vibration through my soul. I remember when I first had my guitar I fell asleep holding a guitar. Well, life is full of repeats--just last night I had one guitar next to me and the other one held by both of my arms. Strange...

I have played guitar for 5 years. Currently into all sorts of shred, Yngwie Malmsteen, Richie Kotzen, Greg Howe, Vinnie Moore, Joe Stump, Tony Macalpine...and the rest of the gang. I also like power metal, ie Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica to name a few. I play a jackson soloist which is the best metal guitar ever! I also play classical guitar, not so much anymore, but i love Barrios.