xisto Community

Hi, I have just joined this site, as i am needing webhosting for my school project, i do not have the money to buy hosting so i hope that with this host i am able to host what i need to host.I have found while searching that all the free hosts i have found dont accept proxy sites.I hope (fingures crost) that you allow proxy sites. it is not CGI so it wont mess with your server resources.it is a php proxy nown as glype.Could someone please get back to me as soon as possible if it is alowed or not.Thanks.

Hi, Sean,
First of all, welcome aboard.
The problem is not only here. There are two different points.
The first point is that here we don't want do see means of stealing bandwidth. And proxy sites is a way of using our internet bandwidth for purposes having nothing to do with us.
The second point is a legal point. Why do you need a proxy site ? If your college has a firewall preventing you to go to some websites, our purpose is not to help you doing things forbidden by your college security people. If you have a legitimate reason to go to a given site, you should simply ask college security people to give you access to these sites.
Bandwidth problems will be filtered by the user resource limits, which will lead to a more costly hosting if exhausted.
Concerning illegal website usage, have a look on our TOS, for instance here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Regards
Yordan