xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Windows 7 Beta Now released for download

The Windows 7 Release Candidate has now been released and I have installed it but I can't boot it at the moment (partitioning issues). I did use it for a few hours this morning and it was great. In addition to the new appearance features (desktop slide shows, etc), I find that it detected all my hardware and they worked properly without any driver installations, except for the very old HP DeskJet 656C. It really saved me time and bandwidth to automatically detect all my hardware correctly.

The Windows 7 Release Candidate has now been released and I have installed it but I can't boot it at the moment (partitioning issues). I did use it for a few hours this morning and it was great. In addition to the new appearance features (desktop slide shows, etc), I find that it detected all my hardware and they worked properly without any driver installations, except for the very old HP DeskJet 656C. It really saved me time and bandwidth to automatically detect all my hardware correctly.

well, if it had Vista drivers, then it will work on Windows 7. Windows 7 is just a minor update to Windows Vista really.

xboxrulz

well, if it had Vista drivers, then it will work on Windows 7. Windows 7 is just a minor update to Windows Vista really.
xboxrulz

With Windows Vista I had to use the Dell ResourceCD to install the drivers or go to http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=&l=&s= but with Windows 7 I didn't need to do that.

With Windows Vista I had to use the Dell ResourceCD to install the drivers or go to http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=&l=&s= but with Windows 7 I didn't need to do that.

that's good ... the only drivers I had to install was my graphics card since the other drivers that were required were generic ones.

Then I just installed the drivers just to update it.

deltatux

I just put Windows 7 on a friends machine and was pleasantly surprised by the result. I liked how I was able to add his wireless NIC and Windows instantly added the BroadCom drivers (its chipset), a couple clicks and a password he was on our network. I actually like the taskbar. It is different but i think there is a functionality improvement there.

hi because i am a beta tester and i do have windows 7 it is a good system and it is fun 32bit is a bit glitchie 64 run better then alli been in it for 6moth no problams on my end and install most programs all good fingerprint readers all that intill microsft put there ok then will be all good other then that its nice and microsoft did better on security but can still be unlocked with most lol HA** stuff lolas the programs just let you into waht you need so its funny