xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GuySpook

Psp?

Could anyone tell me what this is? everyones started to tell me sonys coming out with a beat-all hand-held called the psp. Could someone please possibly provide me with the specs of this hand held thingy sony is coming out with because i might be looking to by one to go with my collection of hand-helds (game-boy color, game-boy advanced, game-boy SP, DS, and maybe a PSP?) thanksGuySpook

I've been wondering about it to, from what I hear, it can play playstation games. It is also a mp3 player. And it can play videos. I beleive that you hook it up to your computer to get the stuff on to it.This imformation might be wrong, but that's what I've been told that it can do.

PSP - PlayStation Portable...

It can play media on the move, just like your MP3 player..
The special feature is the TV Spot which you can actually watch videos on your PSP...
Just like watching a movie or a television program anywhere on the road..
But just don't drive while watching...

PlayStation Portable... as name states.. it plays PS games too..
so rather you can say it a portable multimedia gaming console..

Check this out :
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/

It's a very cool peice of technology, it has amazing graphical quality for the size, lying somewhere between the Playstation 1 and Playstation 2, and has an easy to use control layout, that comfortably fits in your had as any other Playstation controler, but it's a bit heavier, but still comfortable and light, it has/ will soon have several games on the actual Playstation Systems. But if that doesn't top it it has the ability to go WiFi or on the internet with no cords :) and is definatley a beakon for a new era of internat gameplay, sure to rack in the cash for Sony. :DAnd I think I just un-suspended my hosting. :D

It's a very cool peice of technology, it has amazing graphical quality for the size, lying somewhere between the Playstation 1 and Playstation 2, and has an easy to use control layout, that comfortably fits in your had as any other Playstation controler,  but it's a bit heavier, but still comfortable and light, it has/ will soon have several games on the actual Playstation Systems.  But if that doesn't top it it has the ability to go WiFi or on the internet with no cords  :D and is definatley a beakon for a new era of internat gameplay, sure to rack in the cash for Sony. :P

And I think I just un-suspended my hosting. :)

67937[/snapback]

Dude you said it all ... lol.

Anyways, I saw PSP's version of Ridge Racer and its awesome. Graphics look too good for a portable device. PSP has it all. GET IT ASAP. I KNOW I WILL. :D.

Note: This post is not biased and no, SONY didn't pay me to advertise 'em. :D

Well from the reviews that i saw the psp had its pro/cons to the new gaming handheld.

Editors' rating:8.7 Very good

Average user rating:Be one of the first to rate this product!

The good:Slick design; impressive wide-screen display; PS2-like graphics; built-in Wi-Fi, MP3 and video playback, and image viewer; removable battery.

The bad:Multimedia functionality is half-baked, especially for video; you need to supply your own software and expensive memory cards.

What's it for:Playing games, music, and movies and viewing images.

Who's it for:Gamers and those looking for a portable entertainment device.

Business use:None--yet.

Essential extras:Games; high-capacity Memory Stick Duo card (for multimedia storage); additional accessories.

The bottom line:The PSP elevates portable gaming to the next level, but its multimedia functionality falls short of its full potential. This review is from https://gen.xyz/

The system by itself is retailed at about $250 which looks like is a pretty good investment. As it said in the review there is very little games for it right now and the hardware is not included with it. The psp is the new generation of graphics though with its amazing processer.

Dude you said it all ... lol.

Anyways, I saw PSP's version of Ridge Racer and its awesome. Graphics look too good for a portable device. PSP has it all. GET IT ASAP. I KNOW I WILL. :D.

Note: This post is not biased and no, SONY didn't pay me to advertise 'em. :)

68058[/snapback]

wow. that sounds really intereting, thats for the buzz xDD

i'm really taking this thing into consideration... sounds really good from wat u've said haha.

Yeah its a portable mulitmedia gaming station. It plays movies (on sony's new format) and games and has about the same firepower as the PS2 so the graphics are nice. It also includes builtin Wi-Fi so you can play wiht your friends and over the internet. Overall it is great but i hear when watching a movie, people are complaining about their hands hurting for holding it for 2 hours. LOL

yeah... its pretty much everything put into one.. gaming system, mp3 player, and mayb i think even a harddrive,, if my sources are right. I'd love to get one.. mayb. the graphics are outta dis world for a portable gaming console and the interaction and stuff are simply outstanding!!