xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sparkx

Windows Disk Check At Boot

This is driving me crazy... I decided to switch from Linux back to windows because some software I needed didn't support windows but now I have an annoying problem. I like to keep all of my software portable so I save it on a flash drive and put it into my machine. Most of the time, I just leave it in so the next time I startup I don't have to go looking for it. But now every single time I start up windows with the flash drive in, windows runs a disk scan on it. On top of taking forever to boot I have already had two files get messed up (as in won't open or opens empty or with [] for every character) as a result of this scan. Is there a way to disable this annoyance? I know I will get about 10 posts right off the bat of "Just be patient and let it run" or "Just stay at your computer and press escape when it starts". Thanks for the help but I am really looking for a way to completely turn off the scan.Thanks,Sparkx

This is driving me crazy... I decided to switch from Linux back to windows because some software I needed didn't support windows but now I have an annoying problem. I like to keep all of my software portable so I save it on a flash drive and put it into my machine. Most of the time, I just leave it in so the next time I startup I don't have to go looking for it. But now every single time I start up windows with the flash drive in, windows runs a disk scan on it. On top of taking forever to boot I have already had two files get messed up (as in won't open or opens empty or with [] for every character) as a result of this scan. Is there a way to disable this annoyance? I know I will get about 10 posts right off the bat of "Just be patient and let it run" or "Just stay at your computer and press escape when it starts". Thanks for the help but I am really looking for a way to completely turn off the scan.

Thanks,

Sparkx

Make sure you've run scandsk on the flash drive because apparently the file system is deemed not clean.\

It will constantly annoy you until then.

xboxrulz