xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

New Mycent System And Xisto Billing

I am a bit concerned about this new myCENTS system. I still haven't registered with Xisto billing right now because of this issue: I do not feel comfortable providing personal information such as Address and Phone number (they are required fields).With the old system, all that was required was a forum account and some details explaining about web hosting and what you intend to use your account for. With this new system, we have to provide personal information, which I am not comfortable doing.Is there a way to work around this issue? Or is it time to backup and find a new web host?

You could simply not provide your real name and such. I don't think its against the rules. But i don't see any reason not to give that info, its not like xisto are a bunch of seriel killers =)

I don't think it matters if you pay with MyCents.Don't forget they also offer real payed services and if people don't pay they have to be able to send billing information and sue you if you don't pay :rolleyes: . Don't forget that when you're working with real money that giving fake information is illegal !

I gave my real info, but i don't think you should give your real info. While mycents might be considered as real money, this is a free service. Maybe an admin or moderator can clear this out.

Anyway, if somebody would really want to trace you, it can be done by your IP.. Personal information on Internet is "fun", like you work in some place or company, get an email from some company to do something, by using google you might find information about the guy if you know his full name, as usually they give in such emails, from different forums discussions or where he is registered on some service you can see his profile and etc. once you wrote something like this, it's on the archive of the Internet forever..But I doubt Xisto will use this information for anything, a lot of services on the Internet requires your address as you agree to disclaimer and terms of conditions, do you ever read them? But you usually always check the checkbox or push the agree button.

Hello there,

I have read over Xisto's Privacy Policy, which states how they handle your information legally.

That website link is xisto.com/privacy.htm (and it appears they are quite confidential with your

information, unless it's a bank, which is understandable).

If I'm not supposed to link, please delete it, and I apologize.