xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GuySpook

The Pope Has Died

the Pope John Paul II was a very respected, kind man... i will never forget his 5 trips to my Country (Mexico) he was the Mexican Pope.. and im very sad to hear that this cherished man has passed away... but from the other side im happy because he is now passed the gates of heavens and is with Christ, resting in peace... He just leave us in his human form but im sure that his heart will always be with us... i will always remember a quote when he was leaving our country in one of his many trips to here

Me voy... pero.. de coraz?n me quedo

this means: Im leaving.. but from heart i'll stay

and i think this is exactly what had happened... i hope the church and the cardinals choose a new Pope that can proceed with the lessons that this one started, he was always searching for the young ones in the world and now the young ones came to the Pope in his last moments... and one of his last words was that he was thankfull of that, i had the joy of been in the vaticain (it's spelled like this?) in my 15th birthday and i had the honor to see him like 3 meters from where i was, and the emotions you feel.. are unexplicable i felt very much peace and i was happy to tears to see him. anyways i will never forget a person like him and I'm really sure Mexico will never forget a Pope like him..

Rest in Peace..

Juan Pablo II te quiere todo el mundo!!!! ;__;

..it's too bad that the thousands of people that die each year don't get the respect they deserve.. there are many that have done more and have gone unnoticed..

I also think that this is the point, I don't want to say that the pope hasn't done anything, but there are so many people which would have deserve more respect than they got. For example Mother Teresa, as she died there was a little article in the newspaper about her and as Princess Diana died the newspapers were full of this topic. I think that this has something to do with this whole PR thing. When you are popular people recognize it faster if you do good things.

I can only repeat the fact, which is written in the bible. The pope isn't really the head of the religion. He is only supposed to be an example for all people to regret their sins. That is what Petrus was supposed to "do" (he was the first pope).
But of course people changed it a little bit :).

I was not a big fan of the hole Pope and i never understood them even though they had some wacky idears. But i gotta say it is sad to see someone die so i sorrow for that but in the end it dosen't bother me...

The pope suffered immensely through his life, travelled to many countries, wrote many encyclicals. It's too bad that he died and sufferedfor so long with a myriad of disorders, but as someone pointed out earlier, there are people who do even more good but die and are neverrcognized. But that's how it is in this world - the more popular you are,the more reknowned you will become, no matter what you say or do. I'm not saying that John Paul II was a bad man by any stretch of theimagination (deceived maybe, but...), I'm just re-establishing the point.

ok everyone pray that the next pope does not die in our lifetime as when the next pope dies the devil will come and the earth will start all over again and god will have to save us.

67555[/snapback]

Hmm...interesting. Are you just saying this, or do you actually have proof that the devil will come when the next pope dies?

all i have to say about johnny p II is that no one can top him unless they bust out mircles left and right and claim them to be the second comming of christ, but what strikes me is that the vatican is trying to prevent a young guy to become pope and having a nice long rule of thumb for the catholics. and with the list i saw of the pope canidates i have an idea who it will be but i won't say anything about that because i could be wrong. but i found out something interesting he was the last one in his family to carry the name go figure on that one due to RULES the pope can't get a his freak on but they don't tell you that HAHA out of 265 popes that this world has had who actually got their freak hmmm the world may never know.But in all seriousness he was the best and in the words of a great guy i met one day next to store on the south side of east street 5 blocks from 34th and main "Best of the Best">

I will pray for him, but i don't quite agree with his religous thoughts, i would like to know why would you praise Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ, when she wasn't the one who died on the cross for us, i don't get that, you can givee Mary a round of applause, but i don't think putting her abouve Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior .

Okay, here's my two cents on the subject. One person mentioned earlier that he was more of a political figure than a religious one. The position of Pope means that this man has to constantly be straddling the line between politics and religion in just about every matter that comes before him. I am not Catholic, but I admire the fact that he was, as is evidenced by some of the comments of this thread, able to reach all parts of the world to try and bring either the message or the encouragement that his visit brought. I feel that his life was one very well spent in doing the Lord's work.

I will pray for him, but i don't quite agree with his religous thoughts, i would like to know why would you praise Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ, when she wasn't the one who died on the cross for us, i don't get that, you can givee Mary a round of applause, but i don't think putting her abouve Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior .

68715[/snapback]

Mythology never dies, it is merely reappropriated. Mary is Mary of biblical fame, but she is also Isis, Demeter, and a host of other goddesses that represent motherliness (or concievably, chastity). Folks educated in this realm will notice the similarities between depictions of Isis with her son Horus and depictions of Mary with baby Jesus. The Roman Catholic church has integrated all sorts of non-Christian mythology into its tradition over the centuries, and like all traditional Catholic beliefs, it doesn't die easy.

These beliefs are rationalized by the idea that Mary was an extraordinarily holy woman, and therefore has clout with the big guy(s) up there. So, if you pray to Mary, she can intercede on your behalf. Ever wonder why Catholics pray to saints, who were merely human, after all? Same concept.

However, I infer that you subscribe to a more Fundamentalist Protestant view of religion. As such, your church probably takes most of its cues directly from the Bible, which has its own fair share of non-Christian-influence (and I'm not merely referring to Judaism here).

Furthermore, an analogy can be made to Islam. According to Muslim beliefs, Jesus was a great prophet, not the son of God. Mohammed was an even greater prophet. Therefore, your asking why a Catholic would make such a fuss over Mary when he should be focussing on Jesus is like a Muslim asking a Protestant why he is making such a fuss over Jesus when he should be focussing on Mohammed. Except that Protestants never integrated Mohammed into their mythology, but whatever, you see my point (I hope).

One last note: you call him "Our Lord And Savior" (capitalizing the "And" for some reason), which is quite presumptuous. While I acknowledge completely that he is your lord and savior, I take issue with the declaration that he is lord and savior to us all. Thankfully, I have no lord, and the only savior I can think of is my ex-uncle's Mormon girlfriend who pulled me out of the water when I was drowning in her pool as a kid.

I'm terribly sad that the Pope is gone--he was a great man with pure ideas. Yet I'm also happy that he's gone because nobody should live that long and in that state. May his God rest his soul.And he will, I'm sure.I recently learned how they hold the Conclave to decide the next Pope. All of the Cardinals stay together in a church with no outside contact. The doors are locked. There's black smoke coming from the chimney. When they have chosen, they write the name on a piece of paper and throw it into the fire along with some powder that turns the smoke white. They're choosing the next leader from THEIR ranks for an entire religion and NOBODY else gets a say!I think it's interesting, but, like most other traditions, somewhat ridiculous.