xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Suxie

Non-destructive Recovery Xp-home

Hi I'm new and can't find this question anywhere and if it is redundant...please let me know where to go to see it already asked!I'm trying to find my internet settings after doing a non-destructive recovery on win xp....Thanx in advance for any and all help and direction, Suxie

I'm assuming by Internet Settings, you mean the one you open in Control Panel or Internet Explorer.There isn't a lot to play with there in the box there, especially in Windows XP. I'm also assuming Windows Internet Explorer 7, which can be configured (proxies, privacy, security, preferences and all) in under 10 minutes. You should use settings appropriate for your preference and computer environment, not an old set of settings that you may not like any more.

A non destructive recovery (like that provided with some HP models) is typically going to clear out your windows settings. Most likely after the recovery your wallpaper had to be changed as well. Things like accounts and installed programs will stay but the internet setting being gone is expected. Just take a few minutes to return them to your preferences.