xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
veerumits

Where Has $2 Gone, Please Find Out? it is just fun, dont mind it.

Where there is fault in my calculation,Now start,There are three person A, B and C.each one have $20, i mean A have $20, B have $20, C have $20.They Contribute and equal to A+B+C=20+20+20;i mean total $60,when they reach a shop a shop's servant meet and buy a Gift worth Rs. $60, by the shop's servant,when the shopkeeper come on the shop and ask the question to the servant how much cost you sell that gift, servant says $60.Shopkeeper told her but Actual cost is Worth Rs. $50, why are you sell with $60 cost, Please go to return her $10, Servant goes to the buyer house and in between the way he spend $4 in taxi fair so he only return $6 to the buyers,They A,B and C are Divide $6 in three part and take it. i mean less $2 what they pay $20. so each one pay Now $20-$2=$18,When the servant come to the shop, he gives the solution of the Total Cost of Gift $18+$18+$18=$54(actual Cost)He also spend $4 So he add $54+$4=$58then shopkeeper told to servant where $2 goes.if we add $54+$6=$60 then where we say that servant spend $4, there is no clue about servant fair. either they pay $56 +$4 and if They pay $56 then how this can possible. actually they pay only $54 by the calculation this is clear. any way try to find out the actual calculation of this funny joke.thanks

lol i remember one of my friend telling me a similar version of this but its about a 20$ radio with a mother and son paying, then when repaying them a dollar turns out missing. I don't remember the solution but its all a simple math trick or something, i'll try to remember it.

When the servant come to the shop,

he gives the solution of the Total Cost of Gift

$18+$18+$18=$54(actual Cost)

He also spend $4 So he add $54+$4=$58

then shopkeeper told to servant where $2 goes.

Here lies the catch :P Every person started with $20 and ended up with $2, which means that they spent $18 each. Three times eighteen is 54 dollars which is $50+$4 - the price of the gift and the price of the taxi ride :rolleyes:

The version that I heard from an email was exactly this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_dollar_paradox

Wikipedia also shows that how people are confused and misdirected when adding and subtracting amounts. I really don't understand it, but it is certainly interesting to consider.

Here lies the catch :P Every person started with $20 and ended up with $2, which means that they spent $18 each. Three times eighteen is 54 dollars which is $50+$4 - the price of the gift and the price of the taxi ride :rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha, Great Catch, Yes, So your calculation just like this $50+$4(the price of the gift and the price of the taxi ride) and remaining $6, divided in three part so it less in $60 so it equal to $54 and the calculation you put is correct.
Congratulation! you are solve this,
It is just fun enjoy !

thanks

I met this paradox ten years ago, it talked about a restaurant. And it concerned a total amount of 30 dollars.Not very surprisingly, today it's worth $60 instead of $30 ! :rolleyes:By the way, maybe you noticed that I moved this topic off it's initial location : it's subject has nothing to do with "Computer and techs" --> "What's new", because you don't need a computer to think about this and it's not really tech.