xisto Community
khalilov

No Post Count Forums Give Mycents

When i saw the No post count near some forums i assumed that they don't give credits but i never checked, today ,before this post, i only posted in the introduction forum which is no post count. But i recieved mycents, i didn't check for credits. Is this supposed to happen? cuz then someone would do alot of 'Testing' in the Test forum and earn alot of mycents.

Well as far as I am aware MyCents don't update instantly so it is possible that the time delay may have messed up your test. Example last night you posted for 30 MyCents then today for 0 more, when it updated you still got your 30 from last night. That is not saying that there is no possibility that there is a glitch. In fact I would think that there is a large possibility that there may be a glitch. Also some sub forms of forums that don't receive credits do receive credits. You may want to Personal Message a moderator if you still think there is a glitch and none respond to this topic soon. It would make things a little fairer for everyone else if there really is a problem.Thanks,Sparkx

Prior to that day i only posted once, and i got credited for it. So iam guessing it was a litch.
I'll post only this today after i get credited for it i'll wait for tomorow and then post in a No Post Count form and if happens again i'll contact a mod.

Edit:
It happened again, i contacted a mod (yordan) and recieved:

I just have noticed that in the "no Post Count" forums, beginners who are posting are stated as having "number of posts : 0", which makes me think that the posts in these forums are not computed as worth some cents.
What I would suggest is the following : be careful when posting in the "no post count" things because, if this is an error, when the error will be repaired, an account fixing using member's posting history could be applied and you would loose all these non-conform MyCents.
So, post as less as you can in the "no post count" in order to have fare more "legal" mycents.
Also, take care of the spammed posts. Some posts are massively spammed these days, fortunately they are in the "no post count" area. I'm afraid some mods could be tired removing tens of spams from such a post and could remove the whole topic instead of individually removing each bad post. So, if you have a two-line answer in such a post, the topic removal will also remove the mycents corresponding to your two-line answer.
Hope this helped
Yordan

So he will address an admin with the matter, i already earned about 1$ from posts in no post count forums, what i advice you guys is to keep posting theire to the minimun or if you post make sure not to count the mycents you get there in your acount because when,assuming its a bug, it is fixed, alot of $ will be lost.
Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

OpaQue assures me that no post count zone will not earn myCENT. It is possible that sometimes myCENT is not updated up to 24 hours. Within this time a post made other places might be viewed as earning myCENT from no post zones.The only way to test this out yourself is to stop posting for 24 hours. Then post something simple in no post zone. Wait another 24 hours and you will definitely have the result.If in doubt and would like to have the real person who designed myCENT to verify, please submit the post link in question to Xisto - Support. OpaQue will review and compare to the myCENT value transaction.

I waited more than 24 hours and posted in a no post count forum and i got mycents, i also got credits instantly. The subforum i posted in is religion and phylosiphy, and the one i posted in before is introduction. So either both of them are one of the subforums that have post count or there is a glitch.If there is a glitch plz fix it fast before people start counting on mycents earned there.

Please note that the section in question states

Life Talk (No post counts! Sub forums may have post count)

And Religion and Philosophy sub form is

Enable Post Count Incrementation

If enabled, posts in this forum increase member's cumulative post count.

under the administrator's control panel.

Therefore, if your post count increases you will earn myCENT.

myCENT amount is not updated instantly unless it was earned from prior. It is updated every 5 hours or sometimes as late as 24 hours. If you happen to be logged in during the update it will appear as though it was earned instantaneously.

hm... can you check if Introduction post has post count?Also i come across a very annoying bug. I posted something in TEST, its basicly the word test like 50 times. I didn't get credited (which i was testing). So i edited it and put only plz delete. When i came back, i found out that i had lost about 3 credits. And iam sure iam gona loose equivalent in mycnets. I also noticed this a while ago when i submited my hosting request, i made an error so i edited the request and replaced it with only words please delte, and if i remember correctly i lost about 7 credits. So basicly you don't get credits for posting, but you loose credits for decreasing the size of that post. To test it, post a big post in Test, then edit it into 1 word. Is this suppose to happen?

We are no longer concerned with hosting credits, when you mention "credits." The hosting credits found in the main index page will go away when we upgrade to the newer forum version. In the mean time you will continue to see hosting credits rise and fall as you post. HOWEVER, as mentioned in alerts and notices section, we are no longer operating under the old hosting credits. The new credit system, i.e. Credit System V3, is myCENT and it is calculated as the same as the old hosting credits but with a slight difference.Common:Both systems, hosting credits and myCENT, will rise and fall as a post is moderated or edited. This is on the simple fact that if earning hosting credits or myCENT was the KEY to obtaining a free web hosting account we do not want some spammers to post bunch of junk posts and activating hosting credits by earning unworthy hosting credits or myCENT. Furthermore, copying and pasting should not be part of earning myCENT (and as was with hosting credits, but will omit the mention of hosting credits because it's not relevant anymore). So as moderators moderate posts with QUOTE or edit out inappropriate "words" it is also logical that myCENT is to be adjusted as well. OpaQue placed heavy thoughts on this system and we have been testing it out ever since our forum enabled "EDIT" feature. Although we may be fallible, we are not wrong about programming myCENT as of yet. We tested this system for over a month BEFORE releasing, and have been very satisfied with the result.Difference:myCENT earnings are based on your post quality and only converts to myEarnings when myCENT reaches 100 or more. To reach 100 myCENT you must post quality posts and not be moderated. If your post is moderated your myCENT will be adjusted accordingly, or sometimes lose more than what you earned. This case is only applicable when your post is deleted. This has been the same ever since OpaQue launched the old credit system.So when you ask is this suppose to happen? The answer is yes.

k sorry for the false bug report and thanks for the quick support and new good system =)

No need for an apology. We understand that everyone understands a situation differently. I'm glad that this topic was able to clear any doubts you might have had. :rolleyes:

And keep on testing our system--like I mentioned we are fallible--and if you find something that should not be happening report it to us.

Thanks.

This topic is closed. Please PM a moderator to reopen this topic to continue the discussion.