xisto Community
Alex Ross

Photoshop Clipping Path

Hi,I am designing a catalog however the photos have a background, forexample the pictures are of shoes but i can see the table the shoe issitting on and the background behind the shoe, is there a way to cutthe shoes out in Photoshop so the background is removed?Thanks

Hi,
I am designing a catalog however the photos have a background, for
example the pictures are of shoes but i can see the table the shoe is
sitting on and the background behind the shoe, is there a way to cut
the shoes out in Photoshop so the background is removed?

Thanks

Seems to be the same problem as usual.
Do you made the pictures with your own camera ?
Then, you should do as all the professionals, put a monochrome background behind the shoes you are photographing, and then you can easily remove this background with the usual photoshop tools.
If the pictures are already set up, then, zoom on the shoes and take a big eraser to remove roughly everything, and then take a very small eraser and remove each pixel which does not belong to the shoes.
Do not destroy the original image because if you do a mistake, it will be horrible.

You can use the wizard option in photoshop, when you click on a point all of the same color in the surrounded area is chosen, so if the table is of one color click it using the wizard and then delete it. It might be annoying to select all the table because of lighting and all, not all the pixels of the table have the same exact color. Iam guessing this tool is what yordan was refering to =)

not all the pixels of the table have the same exact color. Iam guessing this tool is what yordan was refering to =)

That's why I think you must use a dedicated background, with a uniform color in order to ease the work of the tool when you choose a color to be removed.

There is a tool, I cannot for the life of me remember the name right now but if I remember I will, but its some kind of highlighter that you basically highlight the edge of your object and it auto detects drastic color changes (shoe to table contrast for example) and does the selection accordingly attempting to only select the line where the color changes within the highlight line.It's basically just a modified version of the tools you guys mentioned, but it heavily minimized where photoshop[ looks to try to auto-find a place to draw the line so can make it more precise sometimes. Basically it just need there to be a consistent color change within the highlight that you paint on instead of the whole BG being green, for example.Sorry I cant remember what its called but its something you can hunt for haha.[EDIT]Also, a tip, if you do end up having to erase the background manually for images a good way to make it looks better once you do in fact remove the background is to zoom in close and use the eraser with say 20-40% opacity and a mid-high step setting to quickly swipe the edge, just 3-5 pixels into the image. This avoids having the super sharp cut along the edges but a gentle fading on the edges leaving a more smooth natural look to the image especially if you miss a few pixels in the BG erase.Oh and yea, always always always use a copy of the original.

In photoshop, you can create clipping path by use the path toolto draw the shape or area you like to included in the final image and save the path.Then, from the path panel, choose clipping path. Select the path you saved previously.Finally, save the image with eps format.You now can import the image to another application such as pagemaker or indesign.The background will now masked.

There are, of course, several ways of accomplishing your goal. Clipping paths work well or you can also use the quick mask mode. The biggest issue is going to be getting a good selection and having the clipped the clipped image look good (a harsh clipping looks Bad). You will need to start your background removal by having good contrast between the object in question and the background being removed. Your image may not come with this luxury but, that is fixable. I suggest first creating a copy of the image to a new layer and then leaving that layer alone for now. To get the best contrast between your object and back ground you may find that a particular channel of the image has better contrast than the composited image. Since a copy of the image has been saved to a new layer you can make any adjustments you need to the image to achieve the best contrast for selecting. Avoiding anything "auto" I suggest looking to your curves tool to make adjustments and remember that adjusting a single channel may yield more effective results than all channels. Also look to other modes for contrast. I have a picture of a martial arts instructor and his wife wearing black gis standing in front of shelves lined with black belts. I needed to separate them from the background for an image I needed to use on their web page. In RGB there was not a channel, or all, that provided the contrast I needed but, I found that in the LAB color model I was easily able to find a channel that made them pop out. So use all your tools.The next step is to make your selection as needed using any of the aforementioned methods. One you have a selection that works well for you save the selection, move to the layer with the image to actually be edited and fire away. You may actually wish to have more than one layer of the image in case you get too far along and goof up. But, with the selection saved and vast amount of undos in Photoshop that should not be a problem. My final suggestion is to use the unsharp mask filter over the image. This done well, play with the settings until you are happy with them, should give all the edges of your inamge including the outer ones a consistency not typically accomplished by hand. That is how I worked when I worked as a graphics designer. Of course the best idea is to have some kind of idea how you are going to manipulate an image when taking the photograph in the first place. (Raraely an option but so cool when it is) Also, the the better the resolution the better the image is for manipulating. Hope that helps. * Assumes using Photoshop.

Using the mask is good for create semi-transparent area that needed to be fade-in and fade-out.I knew only this is supported on quarkXPress 4.0 or later.InDesign might be supported too. (I have used it older version 1.5 but not later one)After imported the image with the import command.Double-click it to bring up the object settings dialog box and check out the object wrap options.There are four or more options to choose from.Select one that fit your specific need.* It is for QuarkXPress only. *---Magiccode9

for background remove

Photoshop Clipping Path

Dear,

I am a production manager of a clipping path and every kind of design like 2D or 3D company in Bangladesh.I visit your website and intertested to job with your company.Our service are clipping path,clipping path with white background,clipping path with layer mask,clipping path with drop shadow ,clipping path with keep original shadow.Clipping path with Black back ground and every adove design,3D max etc.If you interested to work with us please replay me.

We provide lowest price and best quality.Please replay.

Regards,

Production Manager

Swif info.Com

-question by Sawon

Seems to be the same problem as usual.Do you made the pictures with your own camera ?
Then, you should do as all the professionals, put a monochrome background behind the shoes you are photographing, and then you can easily remove this background with the usual photoshop tools.
If the pictures are already set up, then, zoom on the shoes and take a big eraser to remove roughly everything, and then take a very small eraser and remove each pixel which does not belong to the shoes.
Do not destroy the original image because if you do a mistake, it will be horrible.

Hello,
The best tool to use for this is the Lasso and Magic Wand since you are using photoshop. It gives flexibility especially when you are working on curving objects.

I am making a snowboard movie, the title is "IT'Z ALL HOOD" I recently downloaded a new font into Photoshop cs3 used it for title, I applied a gold blink to the text, and now am finished, it sits in photoshop with a black layer, when I remove this layer it shows the checker board like I did remove the font from black, BUT when I put into final cut on movie there is a white back, I want the letters to be the only thing showing while movie is playing in background, it is important cuz it is title of movie, also I have no problems with regular fonts, example names of riders, credits exc. PLEASE I need your help!

-reply by Jon