xisto Community
Mordent

New Credit System So...what now?

Hmmm...alright, so anyone care to help me out with a little problem I'm having trouble with in getting my head round the new credit system?

I have a domain. Let's call it mydomain.com, which is what my Xisto domain is. Currently, it still works absolutely fine (no change from what it used to be, I can still access cPanel etc. exactly as if the new credit system hadn't been implemented).

I signed up to the new billing/shopping area as the thread mentioned, using the same email as my Xisto one. Within a short period of time the myCENTS number appeared, and I had a fair few credits already (easily enough to get a couple months decent hosting out of it without any further posting). So far so good.

I then made what could potentially be viewed as the mistake that lead to my downfall: a day or two later (i.e. today) I signed up to the Logic Plan (customising it a little, to add the features of the hosting Xisto had to offer which weren't included by default, like a few more addon domains and so on) using the same domain I have here ("mydomain.com"). A few rapid emails to me later and the expected amount had been taken from my account. I now have a hosting plan there with the status of "pending". So...now what? Clearly what happens will eventually happen, I'm just curious as to when everything will kick off. Will I have to start from scratch again, namely re-addon all of my previous domains? What about emails? I rely on a few images I have hosted quite a bit, and them coming down for any real period of time would just end up being a bit of a pain.

Any comments on this? Anyone got their hosting working and up and running yet?

"Pending" is supposed to mean "please be patient, things are on their way".Please tell us how it behaves, you should not really have problems. If you feel it lasting too long, open a ticket in your Xisto account cpanel.

Just as yordan said be patient as it is pending. If it takes to long open a ticket and tell them about the problem. I still haven't switched my domain over because I want to see what other people think about it first and I really don't have enough credits to get everything that I want. Let us know what happens after you open a ticket.

Mordent,Your account has been activated and the details have not been reset and resent to you because you are already hosted. But if you login to your Client Area, your Cpanel password has been set as your google apps email password ;)

Mordent,
Your account has been activated and the details have not been reset and resent to you because you are already hosted. But if you login to your Client Area, your Cpanel password has been set as your google apps email password ;)

Aaah, cool! Haven't got time to tinker with it now, but it looks like it should work like a charm. Cheers!

So far I'll have to admit that I'm very impressed. For those who've yet to take the plunge and move over to the new system, you should barely notice the difference (other than how you are billed), and I'd definitely recommend it. My site is still hosted on gamma (and I assume that this will continue to be the case for both mine and all other Xisto members?) so even the cPanel address is the same.

My only query is the following: let's say that, a month down the line (i.e. when my "pay monthly" plan needs more credits to keep it going) I decide that I'd like to customise my logic plan a little: what do I have to do? Clearly I could cancel the whole thing and start from scratch again, but would that mean I lose my site and should therefore back everything up beforehand? What if I wanted a clean start, but with the same domain (I'm not saying that I do, merely that I might)?

These are just some questions I can see being very useful if they were answered, as some of us who have become used to the Xisto credit scheme (one credit = one day, you get 30 days of negative credits before your account is terminated) may not be entirely sure what would happen. I realise that there is a "due" date for payment, which gives you a few days to pay after your current month's plan has ended, but what about after that?

In the total hosting price, there is a price for disk space. I guess that you cannot ask Xisto to keep your disk space if you decide not to pay for your disk space.Same thing for the backup/restore facility : if you don't pay the backup, you cannot ask for a restore.Of course, if you know that you will want to suspend your account for a given period of time, I guess that you can ask for a backup-freeze-restore action, but obviously this will have a cost and maybe you will not want to pay the corresponding cost.So, I would say that if you feel that you are very close to having no more money, at least you should perform a full backup of your site, all your own datafiles and each database.Just in case.

So far I'll have to admit that I'm very impressed. For those who've yet to take the plunge and move over to the new system, you should barely notice the difference (other than how you are billed), and I'd definitely recommend it. My site is still hosted on gamma (and I assume that this will continue to be the case for both mine and all other Xisto members?) so even the cPanel address is the same.

I'm glad to hear that. I am going to try to save up and buy a yearly deal to try to save credits. Sucks now but should pay off in the long run.

My only query is the following: let's say that, a month down the line (i.e. when my "pay monthly" plan needs more credits to keep it going) I decide that I'd like to customise my logic plan a little: what do I have to do? Clearly I could cancel the whole thing and start from scratch again, but would that mean I lose my site and should therefore back everything up beforehand? What if I wanted a clean start, but with the same domain (I'm not saying that I do, merely that I might)?

I'm not sure about the first thing about customising a logic plan inbetween payments but I to would like to know the answer too. To answer your second question if I wanted to do that I would just let the plan expire and be deleted and then make the domain again later good as new.

These are just some questions I can see being very useful if they were answered, as some of us who have become used to the Xisto credit scheme (one credit = one day, you get 30 days of negative credits before your account is terminated) may not be entirely sure what would happen. I realise that there is a "due" date for payment, which gives you a few days to pay after your current month's plan has ended, but what about after that?

Since the hosting is now in the hands of xisto and not Xisto I would think that after the few days after a plan has ended they will delete your site. So like yordan said if this is about to happen to you and you don't have the money to pay you better back up everything and save it on your computer so you can remake your site once you have enough credits.

Next question for you lot, then:Do the old credits actually still count for anything? If not, would it be possible for our myCENTS to be shown in the box at the top of the forum index page, or at least update the actual box so it doesn't mention the current credits any longer?Failing that (i.e. if we do still need the credits) could the myCENTS value still be shown alongside it, with an updated explanation of what each one means along with it? I realise that any members who have been through the transition will understand that there's a difference between v2-0 and myCENTS, but for any newcomers I'm sure it's a bit of a nightmare trying to work out what's needed for hosting.Any thoughts/suggestions/comments on this?

At the moment i think credits are still counting, whenever you post you get both credits and myCents, however when the the admins dicide the credits system will be halted and myCents will be used only.

I realise they're "counting" as in the number of credits you have increases as you post (just as it used to), but I can't see there being any use for them any more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see any purpose to them in the new myCENT system.

That said, given a little more time and I'm sure people will be perfectly used to them again, even if we once more have to explain to newcomers what earns them credits and what doesn't (i.e. spam posts and so on).

I just think it's a bit odd that the only way I can see how many myCENTs I have (as in the ones that I'm earning, not the ones that I've already "cashed in") is to the left of posts I make. Surely it can't be too difficult to switch the number of credits you have with the number of myCENTs you have at the top of the main page? I assume you folks know what I'm talking about when I say that? I mean the bit which says:

HOSTING CREDITS : ##.## DAYS.The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

How do I transfer points?New Credit System

I was just wondering how to transfer points from one person to another please?  I am having problems trying to. 

-question by Milissa

Currently, it is not possible to do so (you could transfer credits with the old system), and I am unsure whether it will be in the future. You cannot transfer the earnings accumulated inside the Xisto account, so the only option would be to transfer myCENTs. However, this is useless, because they will never exceed 100 myCENTs.