xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Animator

Quoting Oneself Debate The ongoing debate about quoting yourself

Ummm... this is my own site, so I don't quote myself lol. Quotes are for quoting things that are not yours.

xboxrulz

I tend to agree with you. The moderators don't seem to have a common rule though, ambushing random threads with penalties in loose cannon manner. On the thread I posted, a certain member submitted an entire tutorial which was completely their own work. It quickly got auto quoted out and they were given a public warning.

Until this is clarified consistently among the moderators, the current status seems to be: Moderators are allowed to not use quotes of their own work but joe average members are not. Hardly fair and reasonable logic.

...should the moderator of the thread I redirected to be told to remove those quotes and "quoting your own work is allowed" be made official?

Edited by Lancer (see edit history)

I tend to only penalize people that steal posts off Google (or any other search engine therein). I never penalized anyone who linked their post back to their own website and that it can't be found on any other websites =S.If you feel wronged, just contact me and I'll see how I can sort out the mess.Heck, sometimes if I like something I posted that is both long and useful, I'll copy what I posted and paste it to my website in my blog. I just abide it like an open-source license like the BSD license.It is true that every moderator has a different stance. Unfortunately, we're just volunteers from around the world, and I'm afraid that each one of us have different views on this matter. I'm very lenient. As long as you don't plagiarize, I don't care. Copy and paste from your website ... just quote it if it's not your own work. I treat it like an essay or a part of a program. What programmer would rewrite things if it's already pre-written that they wrote and it still works?....xboxrulz

Erm... xboxrulz... now there's four topics including this thread on the topic; the original one cited (that this is cut from), another one where I raised the contradiction to another moderator, a fresh topic I made about the issue and now this one?

;) Luvs the attention but me head spinning. ;)

euthanasiaQuoting Oneself Debate

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gifgood day to all!

I really need your help because I want to know more about "euthanasia".

we will have a debate and I'm in the negative side (do not agree that "mercy killing" is the right thing to tod ...). How should I defend myself in a good way?

thanks please reply because our debate will be  this coming OCTOBER.. Please...

thanks AND God BLESS YO ALL!