xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Issues With Htc Phone

I have a HTC P3400i PDA which is a newer version of the P3400 model and it comes with Windows Mobile 6 OS as opposed to P3400's WM5. Using VITO's Audio Touch Notes, I record my calls. The problem is that the recorder doesn't seem to record the audio from the other side when the speaker is off, or when an earphone/handsfree kit is attached. This problem is not specific to this software as other voice recorders are behaving the same way.Another issue I have is with the 2 MP Camera. A friend of mine owns a Nokia N72 mobile which also comes with a 2MP camera. Both the phones shoot photos of same resolution 1600 x 200. But, when it comes to video, my phone's camera lags behind in terms of resolution. It allows a maximum resoution of 176 x 144 compared to the N72's 240 x 320. My question is that shouldn't two cameras with the same MPs, support the same resolution; or is it just for Photos.

Splitting Hairs with HTCIssues With Htc PhoneI purchased a G1 phone in December 2008. In March 2010 the phone began to act erratically and since the phone wasthree months out of manufactures warranty, T-Mobile referred me to HTCdirectly. HTC recommended that I send the phone in for repair; I paid adiagnostic fee and shipped the phone to HTC in late April. On May 11th HTC notified me via email that my phone had been repaired and returnedvia Fed/Ex and I received the phone late in the day on May 17, 2010.In early August the phone again, started with erratic behavior and stopped working on August 17th. Working through T-Mobile, over the phone and in a corporate store near my home(in Seattle) T-Mobile once again referred me to HTC. I contacted HTC on August 24th and they said that my 90-day repair warranty had expired, just two days before the phone stopped working. Further, HTC explained that my 90-day warranty ran from May 17th to August 15th.The “splitting hairs” part: when I explained to HTC that I interpreted a 90-day warranty to meanMay 17 to August 17, the HTC representative explained that, “since Mayand July both have 31 days in them, my warranty expired on Sunday August 15”, moreover, the fact that the HTC Customer Service Office is closedon Sundays, is not relevant to the situation.Lessons learned: T-mobile is slightly more concerned about customer satisfaction than HTC. That there is an un-holy alliance, a “shell game”, being played between thephone manufacturer and phone service provider; where neither side isculpable and the consumer is left with little recourse.