xisto Community
khalilov

3 Weeks :/ [solved]

I know =)its just there are some things i need Xisto to do in my site, some cron job or somethin lol people keep telling me its a cron jobXD

You will probably be able to do it by yourself using the "cronjobs" menu in your Xisto control pannel. However, maybe you will have to tell us a little bit more, not all cron jobs are granted in the free hosting plans.

Nah its simple, all i want is a PHP script to automaticly run every 30 minutes.My site is text based war game, so every 30minutes you gain resources or battles are engaged or so

I made my application about 3 weeks ago on 2nd September 2008 - 07:43 PM.I know it takes time but i hope it gets done soon =)

Now it's approved. So, welcome aboard, and enjoy your hosting at Xisto.
Yordan

if i need to activate at Xisto.com/manage i get

If you are going to use your own domain, suppose ABC.com, Enter "abc.com" in the following field (without the quotes). If you do not have your own domain, Please enter a sub-domain of Xisto like "abc.trap17.com".

1. Domain names can contain only (-) hypens. No other special characters are allowed.

2. If you have a Domain, Enter in the format "abc.com" or "abc.net". YOU MUST POINT YOUR DOMAIN NAMESERVERS to NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM ( your domain will not work until it is propagated )

3. If you DO *NOT* have a domain, Enter "abc.trap17.com" (without Quotes) where abc : Your desired sub-domain name. Do *NOT* include http:// or anything else... [ Your domain will work instantly ]

4. The USERNAME for your HOSTING account must be 8 chars max. It cannot contain any special characters, hypens or underscores. It must begin an alphabet.

5. PASSWORD must NOT contain any special characters.

6. Please verify all the information and check it. We are not responsible for any false data that you enter.

7. By using this form, You agree that you will stay active at Xisto.com forums and also agree to the TOS.

first i want my site to be .astahost not .trap17, since .astahost sounds more professional ;)

can someone explain the N1 server thing, how do i do it?

btw when i enter purchase credits i get

404 : Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

whats that O_O
Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

Two different problems.
1) For activating your account, you started correctly, on Xisto.com/manage.
Then, in the domain name, in the box after the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. type khalilov.astahost.com
(this will make that your site main page will be reached at the url http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)
Of course if you prefer anothername.astahost.com, choose the other name. Simply type the name you gave when you filled the free hosting application form.
Then, in the username field, type the administrator username. This will probably be khalilov, that's the name of the guy who will connect for administrating your site.
Then enter your password.
And that's all for the website creation. Then your cpanel will be the name you have chosen for your site, followed by /cpanel (for instance khalilov.astahost.com/cpanel)

2) For the second point, the standard way of earning credits is posting on the forum.
Each time you post in Xisto forum, you earn credits. Sustaining your site will cost you one credit per day, and the credits you earn depends from what you are writing (is it a tutorial, is it written with correct English sentences, etc...).
Of course, rich people could imagine give money in order to have hosting credits, but I don't find this interesting : if you have money, simply buy paid hosting plans at Xisto instead of free plans.
That's probably the reason why you reach the "404 not found" page when you try to purchase credits, this system is not so used today, people around here prefer posting in the forum in order to get free credits.

Hope this helped.
Yordan