xisto Community
KillaInstincts

Best Database

MySQL is probably the best. You may want to look around for software rather than making your own, unless you are an advanced programmer.

MySQL is not the BEST in my opinion, it's widely used, but it has it's problems, minor ones which sum up and gets quite annoying, databases which aren't free or open source like Oracle are much more powerful.

For example, in MySQL you still can't do NOW() by default on a DATETIME data type, which on MSSQL, Oracle is possible for a long time, on MySQL you need to choose Timestamp and etc. which some people don't want to do, why us a timestamp when you can use DATE, DATETIME. :mellow:

Of course it has some problems, but the big "fan base" it has behind itself really does help a lot. What use is a perfect programming language if no one uses it, if no one is there to help you when you run into some problems? I am not saying that this is the case with other database systems, but I am saying that MySQL is the easiest to deal with - something very important for every beginner.