xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hmsat1405241561

Flashget 2.0.2.1028

FlashGet 2.0.2.1028

FlashGet is specifically designed to address two of the biggest problems when downloading files: Speed and management of downloaded files. If youâve ever waited forever for your files to download from a slow connection, or been cut off mid-way through a download - or just canât keep track of your ever-growing downloads - FlashGet is for you. FlashGet can split downloaded files into sections, downloading each section simultaneously, for an increase in downloading speed from 100% to 500%. This, coupled with FlashGetâs powerful and easy-to-use management features, helps you take control of your downloads like never before.

FlashGet displays download progress in ranks of glittering dots, but its acceleration is not as pronounced as most. Its inability to start a download without confirmation makes for slow starts. We ran into difficulty locating configuration settings, a problem aggravated by a help system that apparently belongs to an earlier version. Nonetheless, the software managed and categorized our sample downloads efficiently. FlashGet supports over 30 languages!

Features:-

- Speed. The ability to split files into up to 10 parts, with each part downloading simultaneously. Up to 8 different simultaneous download jobs. FlashGet just might be the fastest download software around!
- Organize. Categorize files with FlashGetâs integrated & simple-yet-powerful file management features before your files engulf you!
- Mirror search. Automatically search for the fastest server available for the fastest possible downloads.
- Automatically have FlashGet dial up, hang up & shut down the computer when youâre not around!
- Schedule to download files whenever you feel! Whether itâs while you snooze or during off-peak periods, certain times each weekday, weekend or whatever. The choice is yours!
- Manage your copious downloaded files with FlashGetâs simple yet powerful user interface. Automate your FlashGet downloads with a browser click! Supports Internet Explorer, Netscape and Opera* web browsers. *with freely downloadable plug-in.
- Superior ease-of-use. FlashGetâs interface is logical, integrated, informative and customizable. Queue your downloads with FlashGetâs logical queuing system.
- Control the download speed limit so that downloading files doesnât interfere with your web browsing!
- Easily see any aspect of your downloads at a glance. Whether it be server status messages, monitoring splits, amount downloaded, time leftâŚwhatever! No excessive clicking into multiple open windows to see whatâs going on!
- Customize the the FlashGet toolbar and user interface, including the Graph and log window colors. Support for proxy servers for maximum downloading flexibility.
- Speak your language with FlashGetâs auto-select language capabilities (20+ selectable languages available).
- Check for FlashGet updates from within FlashGet.
- Monitor your download progress, server status messages and download splits graphically with the easiest, most functional user interface around!
- BT. BitTorrent files download support!

Download:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Looks like a nice program. Maybe you should post a screen shot so that people viewing this forum know it's not a virus (most people see a rapid share file and automatically think its got spy ware on it). I am thinking about getting it, I have had the problem of multiple download directories, especially when working temporary directors that have a very long address. Good Post.

Now off topic a bit... You probably (as in should do this before applying to be hosted) put quotes around your entire post. Quotes look like [ quote ] Not My Own Content [/ quote ] without any spaces between the brackets []. When you post they appear as:

Not My Own Content

You should also include in your post a URL to your source. In this case it would be something like: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. You can edit your current post by clicking the edit button at the bottom right corner of your post. Please always remember to give credit where credit needs to be given. This is something the Administrators look for when accepting new hosting accounts.
Side note: I don't believe the URL to the download is valid. I tried downloading it and I received file not found error. It may just be my computer though. This URL however seems valid: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Thanks,
Sparkx

That file might just have been a virus. As far as I know, version 1.9.6 is the latest for FlashGet and there is no mention of v 2.0.2.1028 anywhere on their site.

Coming back to the software. Its a good lightweight download manager and requires less user interaction once a download has been enqueued. One problem however, is that, it makes a lot of connections to other sites when you start a download. This can be seen in the Num column which shows something like 50/5. Where 5 is the number of maximum connections made to the original site. I am not sure what all these remaining connections are for.