xisto Community
Gekko

Css Background Not Showing Upin Ie it does in Firefox

Two backgrounds in one td class not supported in ie browsersCss Background Not Showing Upin Ie

td.Asb1_off{background:transparent url(../images/buttons/wl/big/WL01DB_Off.Jpg) no-repeat;}Td.Asb1_over{background-image:url(../images/buttons/wl/big/hover.Jpg),url(../images/buttons/wl/big/WL01DB_Off.Jpg);background-position:0px 148px, 0px 0px;background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat;width:149px;height:auto;cursor:pointer;}

-question by vasu

it so simplyCss Background Not Showing Upin Ie

Problem is when using background like background-color: rgb(65, 104, 104);Background: url("../images/bg.Jpg") 50% 0px repeat;Just use background-color: rgb(65, 104, 104);Background-image: url("../images/bg.Jpg");Background-position: 50% 0px;Background-repeat: repeat;

-reply by htmlsucks

Replying to GekkoI could not find a fix that worked so I just use jQuery to re-apply the background-image style on the body element. This fixed it for me:$(document).Ready(function() { // IE-7&8 fix: body background-image was not rendering, so set it again. $('body').Css('background-image', 'url(images/bg-image.Gif)');});

-reply by BumbleB2na

spacing makes a differenceCss Background Not Showing Upin Ie

Hello,

Some good troubleshooting going on in here.

Here is my solution:

background: url(images/optinBg.Jpg) left top no-repeat;

the 'left top' part needed a space before it or the background did not show.

IE8

thank you so much! obviously, this was the problem with my code too

CSS background not working in IECss Background Not Showing Upin Ie

Not sure if someone had the same problem, but this was also my issue. I found out what the problem was in my case. Since my JPEG background was working fine in FF and Chrome, and not IE, I opened up again the image in Photoshop and found out that it was in CMYK mode. IE does not read CMYK so make sure your JPEG is in RGB mode.

Again, this was the problem in my case and now works fine in all browsers.

Cheers

-reply by Lukas

I have had this problem...and I was working on it for days....trying every combination that I could think of or find. What I never did was check the format of which I was saving my files in Illustrator (CYMK)! Thank you so figgin much! This was the answer i needed.....no i have to grow back all of the hair i pulled out trying to solve this problem.