xisto Community
Feelay

Help Me Host My Site On My Pc

Hey!When I changed my ISP, we had to buy a router, because the broadband they gave us, only had one port. And now, I don't know how to port forward.. I have a D-Link DIR-301.I've tried to follow the instructions for WAMP(or Apache I think it was), on portforward.com.. but with no success.. I still can't connect to the server. I am using the IP that I get on whatismyip.com.. any idea what I have to do?I have 3 computers connected with a cable, using Windows XP, and 2 laptops, using windows Vista, that's connecting to the router, wireless.My PC is running Windows XPThank You //Feelay

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

I have the same problem only with a quest modem and firmware. Feelay you might want to post your firmware/other software version about your router. I know it is something with my router. I set up DMZ host on my computer (just to see if it would work). I restarted my router and computer. Still didn't work. I also have windows XP but I doesn't even work on Hardy Linux.Please post how you solved your problem (if you solved it). I really need my own host (not because I don't like Xisto) but because there is some software I am making that requires the internet port listening.Anyway I have tried some things (they didn't work for me but they might help you). Remember you cannot usually forward port 80 and access it on the home network. You need to try from an external network because port 80 is usually reserved for the control panel or setup for your router. Also check to make sure you are forwarding the correct IP and have the correct firewall settings or no firewall (only to see if that is the problem then you should turn your firewall back on and re-configure it).Thanks,Sparkx

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

Can you screen print your setting and post here.So that anyone can check the settings you have typed-in.Most newer router have a new feature called port trigger.If you checked the portforwarding[dot].comYou may knew that if you enabled it.Port forwarding might not work as expected.

hmm :S this is really strange :S but for some reason, I tried to follow the portforward tutorial again, and it worked :S I THINK that it didn't work before, because I wrote the wrong computer IP-address. (192.168.0.2). I THINK that's what was wrong, because that was the only thing that I changed.sparkx, you can try to go to portforward.com and find your router. then search for a link that tells you how to portforward Apache with that router. They said I need a static IP, but that's just *BLEEP*..

Congrat you have configure it successfull----No, it is not b.s.It tells everyone that require a static ip because home user most only have dynamic ip address except cable user.But this day almost new router come will dynamic dns ip client.it will update the ipaddress automatically.

Edited by magiccode9 (see edit history)

Ip-Address Very FastHelp Me Host My Site On My Pc Super...It is also possible on the site named http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Because it is possible always.I used the site for my speed test like Uploading,Downloadind Speed ...Domain Host Search,Ip Address search etc..It also shows the Location on the map near on the same page. All the informtion are very fast and free of cost..It is useful..For Ip-Details Search Fully..

HiIf you want to test your pages before publishing you can use WAMP.To publish get a computer with a official mother board because you have to leave it on all the time so it's probally not a good idea to host a website on a personal computer also you want a big hard disk you have to have network connection now finaly you can publish it bye getting a domain(http://www.example.com/) and make it redirect to The computer's I.P. Address.ByeP.S. Hope this helps